What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game emulators.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have n64 or nes on their iPads? From Cydia?

What games do you have?

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a nes emulator but I only got it to play the lion king! Used to love that game when I was a kid

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeos said:
Got a nes emulator but I only got it to play the lion king! Used to love that game when I was a kid

Lmao! that's awesome

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is there an actual n64 emulator for the iPad?

 Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF  Add me on dragonvale please! GC - james_oc_24 ⚡

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
What is there an actual n64 emulator for the iPad?

 Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF  ?df00 Add me on dragonvale please! GC - james_oc_24 ⚡

Cydia, idk about iPad but I know for iPhone, jailbroken though.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your device needs to be jailbroken. There are several emulators in Cydia, including MAME, NES, GameBoy, Genesis/MegaDrive, etc.
For more info on jailbreaking, please see our hacking section. Our stickies in there will let you know whether your device and version of IOS is capable of being JB at the moment, and from there you can start exploring emulators.

There was also a legal MAME app in the App Store until recently, but I'm pretty sure it's been pulled now.

Also, please note our rules which are linked in my Sig. Discussion of emulators is perfectly acceptable on these forums, however you may NOT discuss sourcing ROMS for those emulators on here. Legal ROMS do exist for most emulators and can typically be found using Google :D

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Your device needs to be jailbroken. There are several emulators in Cydia, including MAME, NES, GameBoy, Genesis/MegaDrive, etc.
For more info on jailbreaking, please see our hacking section. Our stickies in there will let you know whether your device and version of IOS is capable of being JB at the moment, and from there you can start exploring emulators.

There was also a legal MAME app in the App Store until recently, but I'm pretty sure it's been pulled now.

Also, please note our rules which are linked in my Sig. Discussion of emulators is perfectly acceptable on these forums, however you may NOT discuss sourcing ROMS for those emulators on here. Legal ROMS do exist for most emulators and can typically be found using Google :D

Hope that helps.

Is there iPad emulators specifically?

Most reactions

Latest posts