What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Central

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything I start something like Angry Birds the iPad asks me if I want to sign in to or join Game Central. Can I program the iPad to not ask? Never attempt to sign in to Game Central?

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just log in, it's not a problem.You don't have to add friends or something like that if you don't want.
It's called Game Center!:)

boaterbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I read on the Apple forum, you can not get rid of Game Central (it's part of the new OS) and the most you can hope for is to move it to the last page/pane of the home page.

I would love to be able to delete the app, but ... you know Apple, they know what I want better than I do!

I've read many 'Replies' that say "Just log-in" ... . I'm not sure what that implies - after I log-in, can I disable the thing as a setting option? Or what happens by 'logging-in' to stop all my games from asking if I want to join Game Center?

Last edited:

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Game Center, BTW and if you log in, you will be able to play online, view leaderboards, achievements and friends.But if you don't want, you don't need to.You can only log in.It will say welcome back each time you start a game center game.Nothing more.

OP
T

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Game Center, BTW and if you log in, you will be able to play online, view leaderboards, achievements and friends.But if you don't want, you don't need to.You can only log in.It will say welcome back each time you start a game center game.Nothing more.

Not interested when I play Angry Birds for example just want to kill a bit of time. I do not care where I rank or ever plan on playing a game online....... I logged in anyway. I wonder what happens when you play a "STAND ALONE" game and you are not on WiFi or 3G

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus it wants me to change my password to something with capps and numbers and I LIKE my password how it is so I have to just cancel repeatedly.. :(

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus it wants me to change my password to something with capps and numbers and I LIKE my password how it is so I have to just cancel repeatedly.. :(

It's only your gamecenter password that you'll have to change though. It has no effect on your actual iTunes account password.

I just did what the others suggested. Just log in the one time, and you never have to do it again and you don't ever have to open the gamecenter app if you don't want to.

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yep, you're right.Anyway, I couldn't imagine games on ipad/iphone without Game Center.Well done app!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I changed/set the password last tine it screwed my iTunes password... Plus I'd rather not be forced to log into a social app that I don't intend to use...I'll keep hitting cancel instead. :(

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The customer is always right.

Personally, I don't want Games Centre, I never asked for it and if I don't want it, I am well within my rights to delete the icon rather than to have to move the icon to the last screen, out of the way. With Microsoft Windows 98, I can delete most stuff I don't want, but with Apple iPad, I can't seems to delete anything I don't want.

I don't like the idea of too many replies saying: "Just log-on." Boaterbob is right, after logging on, THEN what??

Beside, the original poster, Techician is right, what if I don't care how I rank against others, all I want to do is to play Flight Control HD just for a bit of fun and to kill time, not to compare against others, therefore what is the point of having to log on?

OP
T

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't please some people

Do not understand? The issue is this some people do not what to create an account and sign in to Game Center. "I am one of them" You read the 8 or 9 pages of legal stuff you need to agree to? Some people buy stand alone games to play for a few minutes to kill time and they do not care where their score places in the world "I am one of them" Some people do not want to play online with other players "I am one of them" Some people do not like to be forced to join social communities "I am one of them" But I do understand this is just the way it is "Jobs" forcing his will on everybody once again. Game Center is here to stay. It can not be deleted. You want to play a stand alone game you paid for, you are forced to hit cancel or log in. That is just the way it is, Jobs has spoken. I am used to it. Jobs tells us we do not need Flash. Jobs tell us we do not need Blu-Ray "Not iPad related but this is how Apple rolls". Jobs tell us to play games we need to play his way with game center. I am really shocked Apple lets us use programs like "Kobo" and does not force everybody to use "iBooks" Fortunately 2011 should deliver many alternatives to the iPad. My first post has been answered, with a "No". I can live with that, Apple needs to control its customers 100% game center is what game center is; anything else as with many discussions will go nowhere.

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be easier for you ti log in and see that little thing coming from the top of the screen which tells you "welcome back" than speaking here.

I told you, you don't have to look at your achievements or whatever, the only thing you will see is that little box.Hard, isn't it?

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would rather it be gone too. It's annoying. I can deal with it as I have been, but I don't know why I should have to. I understand stupid pop ups on free games, but on games I paid for I don't expect that stuff.

Most reactions

Latest posts