What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Ipad, how delete network files?

Seanreit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a lurker here and don't interact much, sure enjoy reading the threads though.

One question I've had but have not come across the answer is if there is a way to delete network files from my ipad.

I have a movie server on my network my Tivo gets autoloaded with movies, and I'd like to delete them from my ipad after we've watched them.

I don't think there is a file manager app available, but this is basically what I'd like if there is.

Hope this is enough information to get some useful advice. If not, please ask the questions you need answered in order to help me.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If its a windows computer sharing the files on the network than you can download an iPhone app called ServerControl. This app will let you brows network shares, play media files, move files, delete files, etc....

Another option you may want to look into is an app that lets you remote into that computer and view the entire computers screen on your ipad and control it almost like if your iPad was a monitor for the actual computer.

If its a windows PC i recommend the app called WinAdmin or the iTap app for windows. For mac I would recommend the iTap app for MACS.

I use winadmin all the time to remote into a windows computer at my house, its alsmost like having windows installed on the iPad.

OP
S

Seanreit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took a while to figure out but server control was exactly what I was looking for, thank you. The only hang up is it's a slow process to delete multiple files, but a solution nonetheless, fantastic!

Most reactions

Latest posts