What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fringerprints

mono01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have any of you notice fringerprints just like the ipod touch? thank you.

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
second most irritating thing about my IPAD experience is the fingerprints. Have to clean it every time I use it. Ughhh

I have tried Kindle for IPAD and really like it. But for the weight that precludes laying down and reading, its a very nice reader.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My wife noticed the fingerprints, when it is turned off. She is amazed how the second I turn it on, the fingerprints just disappear.

Now in a bright environment, the backlight is not strong enough to overpower the fingerprints and you can see them. But I've discovered the backlight is not adequate to watch video in a bright environment. I had hoped it would be as strong as my Macbook Pro, but it's not even close. With a stronger backlight, I don't think fingerprints would ever be a problem, but then battery life could become a problem.

OP
M

mono01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
according to steve jobs they were to put some speacial coating so you would not have frigerprints but i guess it was a lie!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I notice it but its really only a problem on dark backgrounds or if you are specifically looking for it.

Once you are using an app or anything with a light background I cant really see them.

OP
M

mono01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice it but its really only a problem on dark backgrounds or if you are specifically looking for it.

Once you are using an app or anything with a light background I cant really see them.
what i want to know is when you turn off the ipad are you going to see fringerprints and am i going to have to clean the ipad every day.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

what i want tio know is when you turn off the ipad are you going to see fringerprints and am i going to have to clean the ipad every day.

Yes, you seem them visibly. Probably depends on how greasy your skin is as well :) I happen to be pretty oily I guess.

As to whether you need to clean it all the time, I guess it depends on how annoying you find it. I haven't cleaned mine once but thats a personal preference thing.

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting a screen protector mostly for the fingerprints. My experience is they are much easier to clean off the protector vice the screen.

I am also getting a skin for it. Its so heavy that it sets on its back much of the time and will get damaged unless its protected.

I lay mine glass down when not in use like my IPHONE. Having paid for one screen replacement I am not looking forward to doing it another time.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only notice fingerprints when the screen is off or if there is a glare on the screen.

Most reactions