What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justifying my purchase of 2 16Gb WiFi's

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just have to keep telling myself this was a good decision. :D As I sold my NetBooks already to fund the iPads...

In Reality it's just a big iPod Touch (we have 2 of these as well), but more usable as the screen is that much larger.

I figure as a 16GB Touch used to cost 299$ (I noticed they don't make one anymore, it jumped to a 32GB Touch now) 499$ is not that much more.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you use it and realize it is nothing like "just a big touch" you will be even happier and never let it leave your side!

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$949 - WOW! Wonder if the silly bidder will actually follow through.

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you use it and realize it is nothing like "just a big touch" you will be even happier and never let it leave your side!

I know. I have to stop thinking Apple just stuck the iPod Touch guts in a bigger case with a bigger battery. :D

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just have to keep telling myself this was a good decision. :D As I sold my NetBooks already to fund the iPads...

In Reality it's just a big iPod Touch (we have 2 of these as well), but more usable as the screen is that much larger.

I figure as a 16GB Touch used to cost 299$ (I noticed they don't make one anymore, it jumped to a 32GB Touch now) 499$ is not that much more.

You made the right decision :)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You really made the right decision. I think I used my notebook today for the first time for any length of time - to update iOS 4 on my iPhone!

It is effectively an external hard drive that happens to conveniently have the ability to:

1) run iTunes
2) stream video
3) download and store podcasts and videos

You'll be happy that you have two when:

1) you don't want to necessarily share email with the kids/girl
2) you want to game together

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to stop thinking Apple just stuck the iPod Touch guts in a bigger case with a bigger battery. :D

Well, that's pretty much what they did (but with a faster processor), but oh, what a huge difference a big screen and big battery makes!

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WhooHooo...My iPads shipped 3 days early....:D

Most reactions