What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Apps And Transfer...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering buying an iPod touch becuz it has wifi, and when I don't lug around the big iPad I can just bring my iPod touch and connect to wifi.. I have a couple questions for now...

I know you can sync apps with iPad, and the apps that are stored on iTunes from my ipad, can they be transferred to my iPod touch? Or will I have to re buy the apps for iPod touch?

Also, does the iPod touch have data plans, or is it strictly just wifi? I will be buying the latest gen iPod touch if I buy, and not the 8 gb becuz the 8 gb uses the older OS, I WILL PROLL buy the 32gb..

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPod Touches are strictly WiFi. An iPod Touch with a data plan is...an iPhone!

As far as syncing your stuff, just plug it into the same computer you use for your iPad. You can sync several (5 I think) devices to the same library. I currently have my iPad, 2 iPod Touches and a Nano all on the same library. You do not have to "re-buy" any of your apps or music or any other content.

If you get one with a smaller capacity, you can "cherry pick" the content from your library for each device.

Clear as mud, eh?

EDIT: Some of your apps may be "iPad only" and those will not sync to your iPod.

Last edited:

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The new iPods are normally announced in the next couple weeks. Rumors have it (with increasing evidence to support their truth) that the Touches will have a camera. So you may want to wait to see what gets announced/if you want it and wait for it. You may see the "older" ones go up for sale when these new ones come out.

Most reactions

Latest posts