What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fraudulent ipad apps

mainmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just paid $2 for an app .But the app keeps returning the same location for my phone number and that of my brother who is in a very distant location. I think apple should vet apps before allowing users to spend money on useless apps. I wish I could get my $2 back.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always contact customer support and see what they do for you.

What's app you purchase?

OP
M

mainmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phone tracker. How do I contact customers support? Thank you very much.

OP
M

mainmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCrank said:
Open the app store, find the app and report the problem to apple.

Please, how do I report this app to apple? I think this app is a deceit. Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst it's really sad you paid money for this, if you read the description of the App carefully it does exactly what it say it will do. It is a joke app. You tell your friend that the app can locate them anywhere in the world, PROVIDED THEY ARE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. When you run it, low and behold, it will show you that they are in the same location as you.

The reason it does not work for your bothers phone is because he is not standing right next to you. If he was, it would work! Just like it would find me if I was standing right next to you. It never does anything other than report that the other person is next to you.

The many many one star ratings for the app should have indicated to you that maybe it was now what you thought it might be! :D

OP
M

mainmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Whilst it's really sad you paid money for this, if you read the description of the App carefully it does exactly what it say it will do. It is a joke app. You tell your friend that the app can locate them anywhere in the world, PROVIDED THEY ARE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. When you run it, low and behold, it will show you that they are in the same location as you.

The reason it does not work for your bothers phone is because he is not standing right next to you. If he was, it would work! Just like it would find me if I was standing right next to you. It never does anything other than report that the other person is next to you.

The many many one star ratings for the app should have indicated to you that maybe it was now what you thought it might be! :D

Kinda learnt my lesson, but I do need a refund and I thing apple can handle that. It is not proper apple allows frauds like this on its store.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mainmaq said:
Kinda learnt my lesson, but I do need a refund and I thing apple can handle that. It is not proper apple allows frauds like this on its store.

But it's not a fraud, it's listed under entertainment and it clearly states what it does.

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As already mentioned, it's NOT a fraud. It's a joke app. I actually have it and drag it out at parties now and then. It amazes my friends for yards around. :)

You can try and get your $1.99 back if it means that much to you. Open iTunes, go to to the iTunes Store, click on your account, "Purchases" and drill down to the app you purchased. There's a "Report a problem button". Click on it and you can send Apple an email telling them your story.

Best of luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts