What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no sound from my apps. Any suggestions ?

Check the Mute function - either the hard switch or the soft control (depending on how you configured it) is not activated.

Best to start a new thread, though, or look at some of the existing threads because most Members don't visit this thread.

Tim

jevans911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
How can I use a pic if myself as my avatar picture? I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere on the forum so I thought I'd ask here....

Joe Evans

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's best to use your computer and go to User CP tab up top of forum. Click that and go to Edit Avatar on your left.

Grab your picture from your computer and upload.:)

jevans911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
SweetPoison said:
It's best to use your computer and go to User CP tab up top of forum. Click that and go to Edit Avatar on your left.

Grab your picture from your computer and upload.:)

Okay, thanks. I don't see an option to do that using the iPad app so I'll log in from my computer.....

Joe

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, much like the moderators mention every couple of pages, the iPad 2 jailbreak thread has basically become a bottomless pit of less than stellar chatter, laced with a few jeweled posts with some actual insight into the JB process.

A thought:

Rather than individually chastise posters and modify messages (a messy and labour intensive process), would it be easier to simply require moderator approval before a reply is uploaded? I know they do that on news forums and the like, and surely Vbulletin has a protocol for that.

Just a thought! Trying to save the moderators some headache!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
would it be easier to simply require moderator approval before a reply is uploaded?

So. You want us to approve every single post that someone wants to post in that thread, before they post it?

a thought! Trying to save the moderators some headache!

That would be a really big headache. Sorry. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to chime in with what Sweet Poison said:

It may seem like we do a lot of moderating in that particular thread. However, given it's size (both on posts and views), I'm very happy that a majority of the members post respectively and constructively.

It's just that sometimes, frustrations get the better of some of the posters and they need a little time out.

Managing those time outs is w-a-y easier than managing the whole thread by approving individual posts. Goodness; it's up to 2182 posts so far, with 105 of those posted just today (!) - and the day is still young!

Appreciate the input, but I really wouldn't want to have to approve 100+ posts a day...

Marilyn

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bullka said:
Is it possible to rename my account?

Thanks!

So... What about changing my account name?
Recently I have changed my nickname. That was a huge change after more than 10 years of using my original nickname. And it cost me much as in some places you need to pay (for instance xbox live).

Is it possible to change here or should I create a new account?

Thanks!!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bullka said:
Is it possible to rename my account?

Thanks!

So... What about changing my account name?
Recently I have changed my nickname. That was a huge change after more than 10 years of using my original nickname. And it cost me much as in some places you need to pay (for instance xbox live).

Is it possible to change here or should I create a new account?

Thanks!!

Don't do that. Against rules. ;)

PM iDan or colbris with a reason why ~

Most reactions

Latest posts