What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you who DIDN'T have any problems upgrading to IOS 5.....

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine went smoothly.. I'm guessing it's because I waited for 24 hrs after the iOS 5 release and the feeding frenzy had subsided a bit.

iPhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of update. I also expected the download to be very late but this was not the case.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problems here either - just a few silly picture losses in my music collection, but nothing I couldn't repair. The back-up took the longest time, otherwise smooth on iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS and iPad1. Shame the swipe gestures have been left off the update for iPad1's though :-(

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

rogdas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is good as well. Updated and restored all devices flawlessly except when i check my email today. The old ones are gone haha

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems. Couldn't have been any easier. Wish Windows was this easy.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded with no problems.

Took about 30-45 minutes, I think.

Didn't lose any apps, and as far as I can tell nothing else.

Easiest upgrade of anything I've ever had, and I usually have problems upgrading other things.

Last edited:

bimapras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4 and iPad 2 were upgraded to ios 5 on 10/12/10 around 7 pm pct without any problems

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated 1 iPad2, 1iPad1 and 1 iPhone 4. Each took 15minutes. No problems with any of them. They were all updated on
a Window Ultimate 7 64bit laptop via wireless connection to my home network. I am connected to the Internet via 12Mbs
cable connection.

susieb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to download the first day of release and it timed out after 6 hours. Tried next day and it took less than 30 minutes and did not lose a thing. Got all my apps back. Seamless. I should have waited a day. Liking the updates.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated my iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th Gen. without any glitch. :)

Sent from my  iPad using Tapatalk

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPhone was easy Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday evening I was upgrading the iPad and we were having a rain storm and I lost electric during the upgrade. Caused some problems, I had to restore to my last backup which I had done right before I started. After that I didn't have any problems.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took a long time, but I did start it at peak net traffic time, i.e. 6pm uk time. But it wasn't a problem, just timed out when doing the verify step a few times. I lost nothing.

My very clever 13 year old did point out that if I synched the playlists, albums and artist lists, I wouldn't lose my artwork, and she was right, I lost nothing.

sailorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oberkc said:
No problems here with the upgrade. Don't know how long it took...I went for a run and it was done (waiting for me to sign in) when I returned. I know it was less than 40 minutes.

For whatever reason, some of my apps were not checked to backup during sync (little checkmark in iTunes) and they did not show up after upgrade. I had to add the checkmark afterwards, then all was well.

Syncing via wifi for me seems slow, but it appears to work. I have not tried the cloud.

How do you sync via wifi? I thought that would be via icloud.

Most reactions