What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numerous problems since going to iOS 5

khcernik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure how many of these are cloud related, but I'm a bit discouraged....

I have an Iphone 4. Upgraded to iOS 5 on Tuesday, now I cannot download anything from the app store - not updates, not new things - they all just go to 'waiting' status and sit there. Left it going all night last night, not a thing happened. (EDITED TO ADD - just flattened and restored the iphone, now I can download apps. Of course, I just lost all my contacts...) Cannot do a backup to the cloud, says it failed, try again later, but no indication as to why it failed.

I have an Ipad 2, just bought a few weeks ago. Upgraded to iOS 5 on Tuesday, took two tries since it hung up on the setup screens and would not let me past the iCloud screen. Got it to work, but again, it will not backup to the cloud. Same message, failed, try again later. It *will* let me download from the app store however.

Thought part of this was that the devices would update each other - what you buy on one would automatically go to the other, if you have that turned on in the settings. I do, and it doesn't. Might have something to do with the fact that the iphone refuses to take anything from the app store, but I don't know since again, there are no messages.

Also, despite the fact that I have never backed up to the cloud, I only have 2.1M left of my 5M allotment. I assume as part of the upgrade it automatically put something out there? Seems like an awful lot. And how do you find out what's out there?

Last - I do not have windows 7 yet - is the computer desktop piece of this essential to making everything work?

Thanks for any help!

Karin

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've put a link to the Help section, where I think you might receive better attention.

Tim

OP
K

khcernik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Update - I got the iphone reloaded, and now it will take updates from the app store.

However, still cannot get either one to backup. Apparently it puts 2.some G of stuff out there from the phone, and then quits. It appears to be pictures, so I got rid of a bunch; it still quits. The ipad won't backup to the cloud either. And neither one can see anything that IS out there, even though it supposedly did a partial backup. And they are still not sharing data or app updates or anything else, however that is supposed to work.

So, got rid of the big glitch, but still not seeing any of the supposed features of this.... :-(

Karin

lrwheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have upgraded my iPad 2 and my iPhone 3GS. I have connected several times to computer using USB, restored and reloaded, etc. yet many of my photos and movies are still not showing up. The albums are there on the iPad and some of them have contents, but many are empty. The movies are listed, but empty too. On iPhone, all are empty. I did not turn off mcafee anti-virus. Could this be the problem or an iCloud problem?

vrudland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I was able to back up to iCloud but now a bunch of my apps are in a waiting status. Not all of the movies are listed and the ones that are, are empty too?? Did you find out how to resolve?

Most reactions

Latest posts