What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash websites on iPad?

xgamma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if there are any browsers out there that'll support flash Websites?

I read that Skyfire provides transcoded Flash to HTML5 for videos, but will this work for websites like http://www.bestbuy.com/site/index.jsp that use little flash apps to scroll through their current sales?

Thanks!

OP
X

xgamma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad does not support flash and never will. Some like Skyfire ~ some don't.

I'm more than willing to try Skyfire if it'll support flash plugins on websites, and not only videos. Do you know if it does?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
This topic has been discussed to death on this forum. Just hit the Search field at the top and type in Flash. All your questions I can pretty much guarantee have already been answered more than once.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. Somer is correct. Which is probably why you didn't get many hits. Folks tend to run, faint, scream when seeing the F word.

+1, that is funny as FLASH! lol

Anyways, OP, No, it will not do flash plugins. All SkyFire does (and does well, dont get me wrong) is take a video that is in flash, use its own servers to convert it into HTML5 format, and stream it to your iDevice.

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easiest way, if Skyfire doesn't work on a site and you have another computer, is to use a program to dial into it (I use Remote Tap, but there are many options) and run a browser remotely.

Most reactions

Latest posts