What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter app allows unlimited flash content to play on iPad.. For free.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iswifter.jpg

Apple still hasn’t approved Adobe’s Flash media player for the iPad. But that doesn’t mean you can’t run Flash content on the tablet. iSwifter is announcing today that it has created a browser app for the iPad that allows users to access a virtually unlimited number of Flash content across the web.

Apple still has its objections to Flash, but iSwifter was able to get around those objections with its cloud-based technology. It executes the Flash content in its own data center and then sends video down the pipe to the user’s iPad, which has to be connected to a Wi-Fi connection. By doing this, iSwifter has created a tool can handle the flood of demand for Flash content on an Apple-created device. With iSwifter, users can get to just about any Flash ads, games or videos on the web.

iSwifter lets iPad access unlimited number of Flash videos and games (exclusive) | VentureBeat

I've been using it now for a couple of days.. So far it does what it advertises. It's a little bit slower compared to the Safari browser, but it works better than Skyfire, and it's free!

Download it and share your experiences.

michaelplogue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried it. Slow as a molasses pond in the middle of winter. Tapping a hyperlink usually highlights random blocks of text on the page. Text is all screwy... Silly background makes me feel like I'm playing some infant's game.......

Overall, it's quite a mess at this stage - needs considerable debugging/development......

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
michaelplogue said:
Tried it. Slow as a molasses pond in the middle of winter. Tapping a hyperlink usually highlights random blocks of text on the page. Text is all screwy... Silly background mask me feel like I'm playing some child's game.......

Overall, it's quite a mess at this stage - needs considerable debugging/development......

There is another thread about this somewhere on this forum and in a reply by the developer they are still working on it so worth hanging on in there and checking out the changes as they happen......also if you have any specific comments it is probably worth emailing the developer and letting them know as you may just get what you wish for.

The Archangel

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup must say the background is an irritation.
Makes me feel about 7.

OP
xune

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the wallpaper graphic is oddly childlike. Fortunately, once in the browser, we don't have to look at it.

Here's something that I thought was cool on the developer's part however:

Update: Thank you to all those who have contributed by buying the app. As more reports come in, it's obvious that the damage to the people and land of Japan is worse than previously anticipated. In an effort to do more, we are raising the price of the app to $2.99 - we remain committed to giving away 100% of our profits towards the cause.

60 seconds into the launch of the iSwifter Browser, you will be prompted to Buy the app. If you wish to contribute, click "Buy".
If you wish to continue using the app for free, click "Cancel". Clicking "Cancel" will take you back to the main page. However, you can go to your favorite website again and continue browsing for free.

Please buy the app to help the people of Japan!!!

Always hard to tell how much of our donations get to the cause, but nonetheless, I thought that is was noteworthy enough to mention.

In the mean time, the iSwifter browser seems to still do what it says it does, albeit, a bit slower than I like, but I won't complain too much about the price. Funny thing is that now that I have the ability to play flash on my iPad, I hardly feel the need to, but it's nice to have just in case I suppose. Its human nature to want something, even if we really don't need it I guess :p

OP
xune

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw, for those who found iSwifter slow, there was an update a couple days ago that sped up performance. Also, there is a better, less kid-like icon shown in the update.

So far, it's handled flash video and flash games with no problems. For those who found it slow, the developer states that it must be used over wifi, and the speed of your ISP and router will determine how fast your browsing experience will be.

Over my Clear 4G/wifi connection, it works fine. I also used it on Starbucks wifi yesterday, and also worked fine. Just some added info for those who didn't already know.

Hats off to the dev for making a well designed flash app for free, with the option to buy for a very reasonable 2.99, of which proceeds go towards Japan's relief efforts.

Mascheru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app won't play some sites (channel 5) from the uk as it doesn't kite the region! Does anyone know of other app's that maybe useful?

Thanks

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a popular online bridge site, BridgeBase Online, which relies on Flash and does not work with some of the other options I have tried, like Skyfire, but it works without a problem with iSwifter.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far, this app has played flash videos on sites that Skyfire couldn't. So, I am well pleased with it. Nice to have a go-to app when (if?) I need Flash access.

However...

I haven't got the opp-up to pay, yet. And I've run a video a lot longer than a minute. Anyone else have this happen? It's worth the price to me...

Marilyn

Ravyu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great app!!
For all those idiots out there saying that it's slow and childish, accept the fact that it works!! At least!!
Yeesh! Everyones a critic

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Games that use :up, down, left, right don't work at all. Games that use a keyboard also don't work.

Most reactions