What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixing Location Services after Jailbreak

OP
I

iFitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed the jailbreak to get my location services back - can you jailbreak without installing OpenSSH? I thought it installed with the jailbreak process?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
no it shouldnt install during jailbreak. some jailbreak apps however require it and will install it for you during their installation.

OP
I

iFitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point. I'd need to keep an eye on what is being installed with each app :(

You think think this problem will ever be fixed?

OP
I

iFitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, it was a fresh jailbreak today - so I'm guessing it was the latest OpenSSH.

Oh well, all is good so far. Started over with the jailbreak and without installing OpenSSH and everything I need is working fine.

Thanks for the help!

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had same problem everyone else is having. WIFI IPad's been great for 2 months with Spirit then I think I did some recent Cydia update on a few apps (can't remember what they were) and yesterday noticed location services stopped working. Dunno if it was related to the update or some other random thing.

Tried everything to fix it in every forum I could find (including downloading pushfix and changing plists) Nothing made the "your location could not be determined" message in Google Maps go away.

So...I went to restore so I can rejailbreak with Spirit with iTunes 9.1.1, but when I hit restore it asks me to check for updates. It won't let me restore unless i do, then it starts downloading what i assume to be itunes 9.2 and I abort the restore.

SUMMARY--I need
1.) a fix for location services problem that just happened.
or
2.)a way to restore using iTunes 9.1.1 so I can safely rejailbreak again using my macbook pro.

any ideas?

Cheers!
Tito

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Well, If you disconnect your computer fromt he internet there is now way for it to check the internet and download the newer 9.2 right?

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to post same in both forums but...That didn't work. error message says, "iTunes could not contact the iPad software update server because you are not connect to the internet."

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, reporting back. All went swimmingly well! Turns out, it actually didn't download iTunes 9.2 it just downloaded a 462 MB update for iPad. Dunno what that was exactly, but I still have iTunes 9.1.1

Location services are restored and iPad is rejailbroken. All JB apps apps are reinstalled and location still works.

Today is a happy day!

Cheers!
Tito

Most reactions

Latest posts