What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Films

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have hundreds of movies on DVD and would like to transfer a couple of movies when I take the iPad with me on my travels. What format does the iPad accept and can I sync them via iTunes. If I need to change the video format can you give the name of the app to do this,
Regards,
Dave

OP
D

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, so if I get handbrake(where from), how do I put the program onto the iPad & how do I get the film which initially will be the standard .vob files, onto the iPad.
Forgive my lack of knowledge but I only got the iPad2 yesterday and everything is a very steep learning curve

Regards,

Dave

brandas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi mate.
HandBrake is a PC/Mac program which alows you to convert almost any video format to an optimated for iPhone/iPad. It's freeware and you can get it on the following site:
http://handbrake.fr
However I'm not sure if HandBrake is able to convert from the .vob format.
The finnest solution I found to watch movies on my iPad is the AVPlayer HD app available at AppStore. Is not free but it's cheap enough for what it does. Give it a try and if you need some help just say.

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Against my better judgement, I purchased Zillisoft iPad Magic and found it to be very good. I can insert a DVD into my iMac, select the output file to be for "iPad" and it does the work. It puts the output file onto my iMac. I then open iTunes and import the file into iTunes, into the movie database. It's there anytime I want to sync it to my iPad.

Bill

Most reactions

Latest posts