What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

synching video to ipad 2

pdsusaret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I just bought an ipad 2 . I had converted some you tube videos using the real player converter into the proper format(at least I tunes accepted them). itunes put them in the movie section. However, when I initially synched my ipad to itunes, it didn't synch the "movies". It did transfer my music. Does anyone know what I did wrong? or is there another way to directly load these videos to the ipad without using itunes? Thanks for your help!

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I just bought an ipad 2 . I had converted some you tube videos using the real player converter into the proper format(at least I tunes accepted them). itunes put them in the movie section. However, when I initially synched my ipad to itunes, it didn't synch the "movies". It did transfer my music. Does anyone know what I did wrong? or is there another way to directly load these videos to the ipad without using itunes? Thanks for your help!

You didn't do anything wrong.

While in iTunes you will notice your iPad's name (the name you entered when registering in iTunes), in the left hand column. Click on it and a window will come up indicating music, movies, TV shows etc. near the top of the window. Click on movies and select the ones you wish to sync, then on the bottom right corner you will select the option to sync. Click on that and iTunes will do the rest for you. Whenever you want to sync something different or remove something that you previously synced, you need to select your device from the left column and go through all the options for each of music, movies etc. Doing it manually gives you the control as to what you want and don't want synced to you iPad, iPod etc.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes>movies/video> tick the boxes of what you want > click sync

Job done

Most reactions