What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite TV show

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry that 'Luther' has come to an end. But it was a great send off. I hope to see more of Idris Elba and Ruth Wilson on the small and big screen; together preferably.

Wilson is an incredible performer.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes, the best series yet IMHO. It just gets darker and darker although four episodes just didn't seem enough.......I WANT MORE!

The Archangel

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Yes, the best series yet IMHO. It just gets darker and darker although four episodes just didn't seem enough.......I WANT MORE!

The Archangel

Wilson's 'Alice' is so delicious. The moment she's on-screen the viewer can't help but go on Red Alert! Her scene in the police station put the 'A' in audacity.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wilson's 'Alice' is so delicious. The moment she's on-screen the viewer can't help but go on Red Alert! Her scene in the police station put the 'A' in audacity.

AA

If you like dark BBC drama's then I can highly recommend the two part "The Field Of Blood" which finished last Friday......you might need subtitles for some of the strong Scottish accents though!

The Archangel

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rumor (rumour) has it that the next Luther episode will be a feature film. I'm queued already...

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rumor (rumour) has it that the next Luther episode will be a feature film. I'm queued already...

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

I could go for that! The intellectual, psychotic and physical chemistry tension between Luther and Alice could easily fuel a feature length film.

AA

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes although I believe it was based on "The Dead Hour", two hours of really enjoyable drama.

The Archangel

I'll check it out.
Really enjoying 'Broadchurch' too. Although David Tennant's accent is hard to cut through sometimes.
I'm already looking forward to a 2nd series as promised by ITV.
FOX TV U.S.A reportedly will air a U.S., knock off in 2014/15. At the moment I'm not excited for that.

AA

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No disrespect to USA but home grown program's rarely transfer to American humour well. I don't know why they can't just produce their own ideas. They seem to do that well enough. Although hubby reckons that Torchwood was ruined by Star productions. I didn't think it was all that bad but I do miss the old members.
Broadchurch is excellent fare. The office? Not so sure of that one myself but then I was never a big fan of the original either. I see quite a few of new American series but because of lack of interest they get "canned". There are so many program's over here that would not have seen the light of day without perseverance.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No disrespect to USA but home grown program's rarely transfer to American humour well. I don't know why they can't just produce their own ideas. They seem to do that well enough. Although hubby reckons that Torchwood was ruined by Star productions. I didn't think it was all that bad but I do miss the old members.
Broadchurch is excellent fare. The office? Not so sure of that one myself but then I was never a big fan of the original either. I see quite a few of new American series but because of lack of interest they get "canned". There are so many program's over here that would not have seen the light of day without perseverance.

I agree that the comedic content rarely translates well but there has been some recent success in dramatic series television.

Noteworthy are 'House of Cards' and 'Homeland'. Both are foreign content originals that have been refreshed by U.S. producers Netflix and HBO.

AA

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True, true. Maybe they are finally getting it. I wish someone would shake all their trees and get them to collaborate and produce a one stop shop for all content. A bit like iTunes but clearly non profitable. Everything is money and we, the customers, suffer. Pigs will fly!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm enjoying Restoration Home on BBC2. This week a home which belonged to Mr Picketing of Hull was restored by an enthusiastic sensitive owner. A great tale.

Now Who Do You Think You Are is starting on BBC1. It's Lesley Sharp's tale. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm enjoying Restoration Home on BBC2. This week a home which belonged to Mr Picketing of Hull was restored by an enthusiastic sensitive owner. A great tale.

Now Who Do You Think You Are is starting on BBC1. It's Lesley Sharp's tale. :)

Did you see Stephen Fry's Keys To The City on ITV?

The Archangel

Most reactions