What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite TV show

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Hi Denny and welcome. I agree with you to a point, UK TV was excellent, but in the past 5 years or so has gone downhill. Too many reality shows and repeats (sorry Harry Hill you TVBurp is fine. :D ). TG for freeview with it's range of offerings. :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hi Richard
Just come home from work to find my eldest son has had a sky multiroom HD box fitted in my lounge...thinks I need that

Shouldn't really knock UK tv that much as serious dramas are what we do the best.
Love documentaries especially those weird buildings they built in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
I have to admit ( though I loathe to do so ) but HD is really good !

Dennykrane ( real name Andy )

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Danny,

Yes, isn't HD great. We pushed the boat out and bought a 3D HD set. We still need to upgrade the broadband to get the 3D stuff to run smoothly :). Also I haven't figured out how to get the iPad to send pictures to the TV. :(

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Hi Danny,

Yes, isn't HD great. We pushed the boat out and bought a 3D HD set. We still need to upgrade the broadband to get the 3D stuff to run smoothly :). Also I haven't figured out how to get the iPad to send pictures to the TV. :(

I bought myself a 3D HD set as well......if only there were more decent 3D films around to watch!

I use Apple TV for streaming my iPad to my TV.

On the subject of great British TV, Horizon, anything with Dr Brian Cox, Bang Goes The Theory, etc.......in fact, just about any science programme.

The Archangel

Yocihope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is so you think you can dance! Watching them dancing is a wonderful thing.

windrider07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go for Simpsons whenever I find them on, any worthwhile shows on MTV (Run's House is pretty much the only one I watch), any movie channels, documentaries.....it all really depends.

sareenajhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite TV shows list is goes long... but most favorite Shows such are reality shows like live singing competitions.

AngryNerd123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have so many. My two favorites are CSI:Miami and Friends.

Sent from my only iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are enjoying some repeat programmes which are interesting and entertaining.

UK TV bosses and regulators need to get a grip on what is shown before the watershed. Some family programmes, including the soaps, are getting too violent or sexy while interesting educational or entertaining stuff without the sex and violence is put on late at night.

Come on. WAKE UP!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with you there Richard. TV is becoming repetitive and boring. Same old, same old. Reality shows? Been there done that. Let's have some new entertaining programs that I'd actually like to watch. I hardly ever watch my tv now. My iPad has become my tv. I watch Catchup Tv, BBC iplayer, ITV player etc... I don't give my life away to meaningless adverts.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts