What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FaceTime

fordie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister can't figure out how to FaceTime with me...we are both on wifi & we both have iPads...she is in my contacts ..we email all the time from our iPads..can anyone give me some suggestions as to why she can't FaceTime me...when I try her it tells me she isn't available when she is at her home waiting for my call. We have tried a few things but they didn't
Work. You can't get any help from the apple stores !!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that Facetime is enabled in Settings - Facetime. Look at the settings there: an email address has to be check marked. You can be called when your sister is using this email address.

It's the same with her settings: Facetime has to be enabled, an email address has to be entered:

image-4249627693.jpg
You can call her by using that address.

Last edited:

octavian55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air bought from UAE with blocked FaceTime. How can I get it back. I live in Romania.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air bought from UAE with blocked FaceTime. How can I get it back. I live in Romania. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
You can't. iPads sold in the UAE were manufactured without FaceTime in accordance with local laws. There is no way to add FaceTime to your iPad as it is not available in the AppStore, being one of the standard built in apps, except where prohibited by law. If FaceTime is important enough to you, you'll have to get another iPad that has FaceTime included.

Video calling services such as Skype are your only option with your iPad Air.

Most reactions

Latest posts