What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime issues

webgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought the ipad 3 & tried factiming my sister in australia, we were
both on the landline phone when she facetimed me, I accepted the call but when I
hung up the landline phone, the screen froze & facetime dropped. I tried calling her
back on facetime, I could hear the ring but she didn't pick up even though the ipad
was in front of her.
I looked through the ipad user guide & checked that all was correct, it was, so I have
no idead why facetime is not working

Thanks for your answer & help

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know about the freezing up, but we tried Facetime sitting next to each other and it takes a while for the connection to make. Mine would continue to show ringing going on after the other was answered, theirs wasn't showing a connection, then finally the two synched up and we were communicating. It did take a bit to establish the connection...

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the problem but I FaceTime with a friend from Germany and the calls would drop or freeze frequently. It turns out that their router was causing the issues. Ever since they got a new router we have not had a problem. Something to check though.

Most reactions