What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woman Says FaceTime Saved Her Life When Her Sister Spotted Her Stroke Symptoms

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Woman credits FaceTime with saving her life when she had a stroke.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that a woman from New York City, Opokua Kwapong, is crediting FaceTime with saving her life after her sister, Adumea Sapong, noticed during a call from the UK that her sister was showing stroke symptoms.

When Sapong called her older sister via FaceTime and woke her from a nap, she noticed that Kwapong’s face “didn’t look right.”

“She also said that I was slurring my words, but I thought she was just fussing and I didn’t believe her,” said Kwapong.

When her sister suggested that she took an aspirin, Sapong noticed that her sister was struggling to pick up a glass of water, and also that her face was drooping, a typical stroke symptom.

After discussing the matter with another sister who was a doctor, Kwapong eventually called 911, and was diagnosed with a clot on the brain that had caused a paralyzing stroke.

“There is no doubt that FaceTime saved my life,” said Kwapong. “If my sister had not noticed that something was not right, then things would have been so different.”

Since the stroke, Kwapong says she has to reply more on technology, and that it “now allows me to live my life.”

Source: FaceTime helps save New York woman's life after stroke symptoms spotted during call

Most reactions

Latest posts