What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External Hard Drive & Camera Kit

o_mega05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using their camera kit and an external hard drive with their iPad? If so, how is it working? How long did the process take? Any issues?

Thanks in advance.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will not work...

Wait, what? I have seen like 2 dozen videos of people that have it working perfectly, as long as the external is self powered. Gotta be jailbroken though.

OP
O

o_mega05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen the same videos as well. Most of the articles were posted back in May, so I was also wondering if there's an update to this, i.e. faster and easier way.

stevebostedor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadshow.com
It's really not a practical hack right now. You need to mount the filesystem manually via the command line and there's not really much that you can do with it after it's mounted. It would be cool if someone could make a gui tool for that, though!

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I saw was that you plug in the external to the camera kit and use file to access the Files.

Pip611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works with a low power USB drive like a thumb drive. You can access the drive using ifile

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard of someone using a wireless hard drive on the iPad. I tried it with the camera kit and no go..

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I would love is some sort of hack that allows me to embed some sort of storage in my iPad case, and then plug it almost flush into the iPad bottom when its in the case. That would be AMAZING. Never gonna happen, but I can dream.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I would love is some sort of hack that allows me to embed some sort of storage in my iPad case, and then plug it almost flush into the iPad bottom when its in the case. That would be AMAZING. Never gonna happen, but I can dream.

Never say never.... The solid-state hard drives almost brings this one to realaility

Most reactions