What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SSH mount via script.

nickbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the camera kit and I managed to mount an external hard drive to the IPAD. It is great.
I use iSSH on the IPAD to mount the disk.
What I'm trying to do is get a script to mount the drive when I launch the iSSH connection so I don't have to type the command everytime I connect the drive. I have been searching but still haven't found a solution.
Any one done that?
Cheers

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the camera kit and I managed to mount an external hard drive to the IPAD. It is great.
I use iSSH on the IPAD to mount the disk.
What I'm trying to do is get a script to mount the drive when I launch the iSSH connection so I don't have to type the command everytime I connect the drive. I have been searching but still haven't found a solution.
Any one done that?
Cheers

Would you mind possibly writing a tutorial for this? Using iSSH please.

jessered

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why deal with SSH?

I have my 640GB eSATA/USB HD connected to my iPad using the camera connector kit and use a $15 USB cell phone charger to power it. The drive is accessed using iFile and you can see in the pic that the Flash Drive icon is active. Outside of jailbreaking the iPad, I have done no other changes to it.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 683

6280LDO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would also appreciate it if you can post instructions on how you use iSSH to mount your external hard drive on your iPad. I can do it via a computer, but cannot figure out the iSSH portion.

Thanks in advance.

OP
N

nickbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would also appreciate it if you can post instructions on how you use iSSH to mount your external hard drive on your iPad. I can do it via a computer, but cannot figure out the iSSH portion.

Thanks in advance.
iSSh is the same as SSH from your PC.
I used the instruction from
How to Connect and Use USB External Hard Drive on iPad My Digital Life

Also, I have not used for a while since I discovered that iFile was mounting the drive automatically whith no scripting involve.
Hope that help.

Most reactions

Latest posts