What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrents to external HD via camera connection kit??

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So first off please let's stay away from the actual context of this question please. Torrents themselves are legal. It's a matter of content.
All I would like to know is if it is possible (and if so, how?) to download a torrent from/on my ipad2 and have the content downloaded onto an external hard drive that is connected via the camera connection kit? I'm wondering if there are any robust torrent clients for the iPad? I haven't seen much yet. thanks

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So first off please let's stay away from the actual context of this question please. Torrents themselves are legal. It's a matter of content.
All I would like to know is if it is possible (and if so, how?) to download a torrent from/on my ipad2 and have the content downloaded onto an external hard drive that is connected via the camera connection kit? I'm wondering if there are any robust torrent clients for the iPad? I haven't seen much yet. thanks

Unless I am misunderstanding you . . . You want to find a legal torrent (still laughing, Smiley) download it directly to your iPad, and then to an external drive connected to your iPad 2 via the Apple CC Kit? First, you need to Jailbreak. You did not say what this mythically legal torrent is, but if it is not something the CC kit allows, like warez... I mean legally paid for software or perhaps a download of The Wizard of Warez or was it OZ? Anyway, you can't. Unless you Jailbreak your iPad and you can use iFile.

Why not store it on Dropbox? There is a plug-iadd onon/elfin-magic something or another whatever for Dropbox that allows you to DL Torrents; it handles whatever is required for Torrent Types. Bob is no expert on Torrents and the dark underbelly of the net. Smiley. Apparently, this Dadd onon allows you to "Trigger Torrent Downloads from Anywhere With Dropbox." Whatever that means, Bob knows not.

Hope that helped.

PS: Discussing Warez, Torrents, Game ROMS, Cracked whatevers will get you e-yelled at. Just the mention of Torrents sends chills up our collective spines. Tread carefully. I asked Mr. Google about 'Torrents, iPad" and all I see are sites offering all manner of crap and corruption. I.E., sick bird kind of stuff.

Most reactions