What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Love Christmas/Xmas! I wanted to find out how many of you celebrate it? How do your different countries celebrate? I'd love to know?

Are you with in-laws
Are you with your kids - grown-up or otherwise
Are you alone?
Are you with a partner?
What are hoping to get? Apple products? Books? Etc...
Need I go on? Anything goes...

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Are there going to be any Christmas apps?

Tim

Is there any apps to suggest what to get people, and where you can buy that product? Lol
Something that you can set a budget Aswell:p

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know but my favourite is the iTunes 12 days of Christmas. They gift a freebie every day. One day music from top artist, tv program, film, game etc... I love it. I have loads of apps. I will go and look and tell you what I like. The night before Xmas is my favourite!

Edit.
Ruberth's Kick 'n Fly - my daughter
Coin dozer Christmas

Sleeps to Christmas - Xmas music and count down to xmas
Christmas Advent Calendar by Magic Solver.com - free apps every day
Christmas Sound Shelf app - Xmas songs
Christmas card creator app - cards
Christmas Tale HD

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
A phone load of Bing Crosby ringtones. AA

image-4102817265.png

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know but my favourite is the iTunes 12 days of Christmas. They gift a freebie every day. One day music from top artist, tv program, film, game etc... I love it. I have loads of apps. I will go and look and tell you what I like. The night before Xmas is my favourite!

Edit.
Ruberth's Kick 'n Fly - my daughter
Coin dozer Christmas

Sleeps to Christmas - Xmas music and count down to xmas
Christmas Advent Calendar by Magic Solver.com - free apps every day
Christmas Sound Shelf app - Xmas songs
Christmas card creator app - cards
Christmas Tale HD

when does the iTunes 12 days of c,mas begin?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not Xmas without Bing and his Holiday Inn film! I also have to watch It's a wonderful life with James Stewart.
I love the Santa Claus movies.
Scrooged
The muppet Christmas carol and Muppet Family Christmas
The Jim Carey A Christmas Carol and Patrick Stewarts version
Jingle All The Way
Elf
Christmas with the Kranks
The Grinch
The Polar Express
Jack Frost
The Snowman
Fred Claus
The Santa Claus movie original
Santa Who?
Robbie the reindeer
The Holiday
Love Actually
The Miracle on 24th Street - both of them!
Bad Santa
Shrek The Halls
Doctor who Xmas specials of course! Should have put that first.
Christmas In Boston
Four Christmases
Nativity
Toys
Home Alone
I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus
Christmas Vacation
Once Upon A Christmas
12 Days Of Christmas
All I Want For Christmas
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Ghosts of Girlfriends Christmas past (I think that's the title- I love Matthew M.)
The Family Stone
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
Prancer Returns
Secret Santa
Christmas Angel
Penguins of Madagascar Xmas edition
God, we own all of these! Massive fan of Xmas - sorry! I'm sure I've missed some!

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
poisonivy said:

I think it's Xmas eve or Xmas day. It goes up to 6th of January. I love that one! I've got free Kylie Minogue A Christmas Gift - ep - Aphrodite, Can't beat the feeling and Santa Baby songs, Snow Patrol, etc... I can't remember, I will try and look at my selection
Oh and the Coca Cola advert with the Xmas jingle and the cola lorry. "The holidays are coming, the holidays are coming..."

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love this thread Hayles

Christmas is my favorite time of year. Everyone just seems so much happier.

The tree and decorations go up the 1st December, which takes a good whole day to erect and get everything just nice. I have a Christmas village that spreads across our piano, that my girls think is just so corny. Hubby will put up fairy lights outside. Christmas Eve we will go for a drive and see all the Christmas displays that people set up in their yards. Some are just so magical. We celebrate with both our extended families. Usually we take turns each year, but we've had it at our place nine times in the last 15 years. It's always at our place Christmas night though. But we have big areas so everyone fits easily and then there's the pool because it's normally very hot. We start the day with Bing Crosby singing White Christmas, that's a must for me, just love his voice and he just makes it more Christmas somehow. The girls open their stockings first thing. I started doing stockings when the girls were very little filled with lots of little gifts. They insist we keep this tradition going as they love the little surprises they get. Of course Santa still puts them at the end of their beds. We then gather around the xmas tree and open our gifts. Breakfast is usually light as for the rest of the day all we do is eat and drink. Lunch - roast turkey, roasted vegetables also bar-b-qued steaks and chicken, fresh crabs and king prawns and 3 to 4 salads usually. Then the desserts, christmas cake, baked passionfruit cheesecake, pavlova (that's a must for my hubby) and trifle served with fresh fruit of melons, mangoes, stone fruit, strawberries and lychees. by then we are totally stuffed and loll around like slugs for the rest of the afternoon. Come around 5, boyfriends, cousins and friends will begin to arrive and we start all over again. It's been known to turn into an impromptu party and one year ended at 5 the next morning.

Boxing day is usually spent cleaning up, but everyone pitches in throughout Christmas day. Like I said, just love Christmas, but it's a lot of work.

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! Your Xmas sounds just like ours except ours is smaller. Everyone has their own family now so it's just 6 or 7 of us on Xmas day. We go to sister-in-laws with a little prezzie to open Xmas eve. This was for the kids and as teenagers they still love this. We have mulled wine, Xmas pies etc... Crackers and cheese. Some years we go to church but usually we go to Christingle at the local town church first Sunday of December. I've usually made the pies, cake and anything else needed by then. Xmas decorations go up end of November. We put up a fake Xmas tree but then a real one goes in closer to Xmas due to needle fall. Hubby puts up indoor decorations and outdoor lights. We are in charge of the tree. We have huge green swags of greenery with big red bows in between. It looks like a Xmas grotto. We have two china Xmas nativity scenes as well. One on the mantel and one in the front window.

Ooh! This makes me so warm and cosy! I love Xmas. It's my favourite time of the year! Please let me know what you do for Xmas everyone!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flying in my parents this year. Sometimes we fly to them and my in-laws. Easier for the oldsters to travel, because they're retired and can stay longer.

Tree goes up every year; sometimes a live one, sometimes not. We have a big Christmas ornament collection that reminds us of people, places and different times in life.

Husband does most of the Christmas shopping in one shot for all the kids in the family. Everything is bought online, gift-wrapped or -boxed, and it goes straight to each kid's home. Love online shopping.

I've already ordered and received gifts for everyone on my team at work. Same gift for everyone. I'll take them out for lunch and give out the gifts, plus a gift card for each person. Haven't decided which gift cards this year. Sometimes iTunes, sometimes Starbucks. I'll write a card to each person, to thank each for individual contributions to our team.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Dearly Adore and Love Christmas.

Crap hanging from the faux fireplace with joy (or the polyester tree covered with artificial snow that causes cancer in warthogs) as children scamper about all happy and unconcerned. I love when they gather 'round the fireplace and listen as I recount the true story of Christmas.

Not the CIA redacted lies and fluff fed to you all of your life and spread by Christmas books, your parents, and fat men in the mall claiming to be Santa (yeah, right) but the darker side.

Like Gary Truedeau, I know things that they do not want you to know about.

I love the Egg Nog with extra nog and less egg, and a tad more alcohol or spirits with a little extra alcohol and no eggs, nogs, or whatnots.

Rum cakes aplenty and the Bourbon Chocolates that leave me well-lit and hanging from the ‘Christmas tree or chimney with care hoping that St. Nick will soon be there’ to cut me down. We usually get drunk together and sing “Danny Boy” as we go through the Christmas cards and letters looking for cash and hopefully, iTunes Gift Cards.

My cut is about $234,000 per year and it is tax-free. Santa helps because he knows I still have the negatives. Besides, we need the cash. Do you really think Reindeer Scooby-Snacks are cheap?

Besides, most reindeer snacks give Prancer, Dancer, Bieber, and Kardashian the runs, so I must special order them from the vet. That is why you might notice the stains on your rooftop. They are caused by feeding the reindeer fatty snacks.

I love traveling over the river and through gang territory past occupied Wall Street, to my drunken grandmother's house we go. "A Very Merry Justin Bieber Chanukah" playing on granny’s Victrola.

I love the Christmas fighting and family smack downs; the undercooked turkey dinner, an 85 year old Aunt Martha trying to get me under the missile tow to do unspeakable things, and sitting by the fire, praying for the flames to ‘just take me now.’

I tell a fat little greedy and ever so hated niece, “Yes, Santa will bring you a pony, little Rapunzel, but if it is not there in the morning, it is because your mom chased it away and it was eaten by the Grinch.”

By the way, the Grinch not only steals Christmas; he also eats souls. If you invite him over, he will never put the seat down and he misses the bowl on purpose. He also goes through your medicine cabinet. Just so you all know, there is far more to the story than Dr. Seuss told you.

Did you know that Santa hires elves but they are forced to work for minimum wage? Santa owns a vast factory nobody can find. Makes me wonder about working conditions at Santa’s sweatshop. Although, it is not as if an Elf can find a job elsewhere and who really cares, anyway.

Santa grows replacement elfs in a vast underground hydroponic elf factory, using DNA he harvests from the hair follicles of bad little boys and girls.

Santa makes iPads, Huffy bikes, laptops, Kenmore washing machines, flat screen televisions, Pez dispensers, Red Ball Keds, American Flyers, Red Ryder BB Guns, athletic supporters, baseballs, Lady Ga Ga’s wardrob and men’s underwear. He prints books, copies and duplicates music CDs and DVDs, and he does so without concern over the artist’s IP rights or royalties. Santa violates IP on a vast scale.

He conducts business across state lines and he does not have a business license. I know his factory is vast yet he does not buy carbon credits. I have never heard him say he pays taxes or the required fees to conduct business in other states and that makes me wonder about Santa’s true power.

Try suing Santa in federal court and the authorities will not allow it because they tell us Santa does not exist. He is on postage stamps and coke bottles for God’s sake. As children, we were told about Santa; indeed, we were threatened and told Santa will not come if we are bad kids.

Obviously, he has important people in his pocket. The North Pole is where Bush’s Weapons of Mass Destruction are hiding, by the way.

I cannot tell you more, or Santa, well, he knows stuff like when I have been bad or good and he knows when I am sleeping, too.

Fa La La La La . . . La La, La, La. Merry Christmas.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I believe it starts at 3:00 PM, EST. I was excited to hear about the "14 days of Arbor Day" promotion, but it never happened. Darn InterFaceWebBookNet . . . they know nothing.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Favorite Christmas Song?

I like White Christmas. Bing should be, by law, the only person allowed to sing that tune. If any of you are musicians and you sing White Christmas, well, knock it the heck off, you pretenders to an unreachable throne.

Smiley.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are morose this evening. Has Santa p...d on your parade?

I'm glad you still like something. I'm fond of his singing too. I hate the commercial side of Xmas but after the c....py year I've had, I need something to look forward to. No money as usual so it will just be food and family this year.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions