What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie iPad questions

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you deal with getting docs to your computer does iCloud automatically put them in the cloud to retrieve on your computer? I would almost think using Dropbox would be easier but I don't think Pages and Numbers support it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mike2874 said:
How do you deal with getting docs to your computer does iCloud automatically put them in the cloud to retrieve on your computer? I would almost think using Dropbox would be easier but I don't think Pages and Numbers support it.

Pages and Numbers will sync through the cloud to a Mac, but not a PC.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to Apple, you can visit iCloud.com on a PC and drag and drop documents into iCloud, they will sync to iDevices from there. I just bought Pages and Numbers.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
According to Apple, you can visit iCloud.com on a PC and drag and drop documents into iCloud, they will sync to iDevices from there. I just bought Pages and Numbers.

Sorry. Should have been more specific. Pages and Numbers will sync to the equivalent apps on the Mac. Pages and Numbers are not available for the PC, so you can't pick up a doc you were working on in Pages on your iPad, and continue with it on the PC automatically like you can with the Mac.

To get a file into MS Word is a bit more involved. Either email it to yourself or use the iTunes file sharing capability.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions