What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraving

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you had it done what have you had engraved on your aluminium ass?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will never get anything electronic engraved. You cannot get it replaced when engraved. You have to send it in for repairs.

OP
FruitJuice

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are too funny. Doesn't engraving void the warranty? Or no? I know it can reduce the resale value.

I doubt it would void the warranty apple are engraving it, which I'm happy about!

It's a added extra with apple on pre order iPad 2

OP
FruitJuice

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will never get anything electronic engraved. You cannot get it replaced when engraved. You have to send it in for repairs.

If it's done by apple, you get the engraving but if the battery needs relaxing you do get a non engraved back plate back

Shame really , but such is life

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if it's engraved, then you lose the 14 day return period for full refund. Other than that, the only issue would be resale value depending on what the engraving said. If it's something generic then probably wouldn't be too bad but if it's a name or something personal then it would probably hurt resale.

If you have to get it replaced under warranty, it's possible that it would take longer but not sure on that.

I plan on keeping my ipad in a case so the engraving seemed kind of pointless since it will be covered up.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has my name on it because I have a sense of value and pride when I work to attain something FOR MYSELF. I have always had the motto: what I want I buy!" and I like for people to understand that I don't mind handwork to get something I want. Even though I will take money, I'm not a spoiled brat like females are known to be.

I have no intentions of selling Padi. I will just buy her little brothers and sisters and use them until none if them work, which must be a long time. I saw this guy with a beat up second gen iPod classic. PRICELESS!

Ps. I don't mind sending her in for some repair, it's just like taking the car to the shop ;)

Most reactions