What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraving iPad 2

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad a couple of weeks ago (not from an apple store) and have considered getting it engraved.

Do anybody know if this can be done through apple after purchase or can it only be done at point of purchase?

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think this would need to be done during purchase, & I would hesitate it to be engraved on by anyone else. An option is have a plate engraved and glue/adhere it to the iPad.

OP
kustard

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but I wouldn't feel comfortable about sending my iPad to someone and I'd probably only feel at ease if it was engraved by apple.

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:
Thanks but I wouldn't feel comfortable about sending my iPad to someone and I'd probably only feel at ease if it was engraved by apple.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing, once you get your hands on the iPad it's hard to turn loose of. Nice to know it can be done though, check local trophy and engraving shops, they may have tools to do this for you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Your call, of course, but engraving is not rocket science. Any competent engraving shop can do it for you. I realize your iPad is precious to you but engravers work on much more valuable objects.

daniela_11

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Your call, of course, but engraving is not rocket science. Any competent engraving shop can do it for you. I realize your iPad is precious to you but engravers work on much more valuable objects.

I had my iPad 2 recently engraved by a company called Engravemyreader.com. They provide an iPad laser engraving service as well as engraving for other gadgets like e-readers, ipods. I mailed them my iPad and they engraved it the same day they received it, so i had it back in less than 5 days including shipping.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:
I got my iPad a couple of weeks ago (not from an apple store) and have considered getting it engraved.

Do anybody know if this can be done through apple after purchase or can it only be done at point of purchase?

I contacted Apple with that query yesterday. It has to be done at time of purchase from Apple. They also said do NOT take it to be engraved unless it is laser engraving.

fmontes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laser engrave iPads

THis can be done by a third party engraver. I have all the iPads at the school I work for engraved with no issues.

Done by a local engraver.

phioe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In NYC AppleEngraving.com does engraving on ipads, they can even do while-you-wait...

Most reactions

Latest posts