What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

emails with text style on the ipad

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is possible to use text options when typing an email on the iPad? Eg, bold, underline, font size etc?

I notice if you copy text from an old received email and paste it into your own email, you can continue typing in that style, but I wonder if it's possible to do it from scratch with keyboard shortcuts etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Mail support HTML formatted text but has no way to generate it itself. If you want to do fancy text formats then the easiest way is to use an HTML-editor, compose your email in that editor, and then cut-and-paste it into the iPad's Mail Message box.

It's a bit of a hassle, but works just fine...

Tim

OP
richrocks

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
iPad Mail support HTML formatted text but has no way to generate it itself. If you want to do fancy text formats then the easiest way is to use an HTML-editor, compose your email in that editor, and then cut-and-paste it into the iPad's Mail Message box.

Tim

Thanks Mister S

Guess I could even type it in Pages and then copy n paste.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Thanks Mister S

Guess I could even type it in Pages and then copy n paste.

That would too easy! Pages doesn't produce HTML formatted documents! HTML editor it has to be I'm afraid!

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Oh! I didn't know that. I know basic HTML so I will use that now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you can do without color or a choice of fonts, Essay is ok.

It does all the basic underline, strikethrough, bold stuff. Also has several styles for headers, quotes, paragraph, etc. Also elimitnates the need for copy paste (unless you are replying), it will generate an email from the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts