What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to "write" text in images

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to write some text in images with a cydia tweak. But not hand written text, perhaps a tweak or app that lets you write the text from the keyboard then choose the font size and bold or underlined or something like this. Thanks a lot everyone, I'll be really grateful if someone can help me with this.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to write some text in images with a cydia tweak. But not hand written text, perhaps a tweak or app that lets you write the text from the keyboard then choose the font size and bold or underlined or something like this. Thanks a lot everyone, I'll be really grateful if someone can help me with this.

There are many, many apps in the AppStore that allow you to add test to photos - you don't need to be jail broken (and thus use Cydia).

Try searching in the AppStore - there are 100s of free and paid apps.

I did search Cydia (using the search term "text photo" and found things like "PhotoTag." But, honestly? Not much there compares to the ones available in the AppStore.

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello - Marilyn is right, i.e. just do some searching in the app store for ones that may match your needs, e.g. do you want to 'write' on an image w/ your finger/stylus, do you want neat text entry, and/or do you want to simply add a caption(s)?

I'll just mention a few that are on my iPad that can accomplish one or more of the above goals: 1) PhotoShop Touch; 2) Photogene; 3) Skitch; and 4) Penultimate - there are many others but take a look at the ones mentioned for starters - good luck! Dave :)

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, thank you very much guys! I found the perfect one! Uhm... One last thing though... Is there any way to have a different wallpaper per page? That'd be awesome, thanks a lot

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, thank you very much guys! I found the perfect one! Uhm... One last thing though... Is there any way to have a different wallpaper per page? That'd be awesome, thanks a lot
Would you care to share?....which one you found, thanks.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk Pro

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would you care to share?....which one you found, thanks.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk Pro
Of course, I've used Phonto, it works perfectly, it lets you center everything and align everything and the alignment part is very accurate. Only small problem is that then if you want to set the photo as wallpaper and you zoom in then also the text you put as well as the photo is of a little lower quality. But it's great

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good! I'm glad the AppStore had what you wanted. And a free app at that! We'll, if you don't do the in-appurchas(es). :)

There is a tweak in Cydia (for $1.99 USD) called "springpage" that states it's compatible with iOS 7. I don't own/use it myself, but it mentions being able to do landscape for the iPad - so maybe it's worth checking out?

And now, with this conversation moving to one about jail breaking tweaks, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Hopefully, our "regular" contributors there may have more input for you. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Marilyn, I've looked some videos about that tweak and it looks exactly what I'm looking for but I'm not sure if it would drain my battery :(

tony.facione

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Will the pictures with added text orient properly so you can see all your text as wallpaper? It seems on my iPhone I can't get the pictures I make to stop from zooming in! Them I can't see the outer edges of the words

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will the pictures with added text orient properly so you can see all your text as wallpaper? It seems on my iPhone I can't get the pictures I make to stop from zooming in! Them I can't see the outer edges of the words

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are a number of apps you can use to "fix" this zooming in effect. Well, actually, you could turn "Reduce Motion" on, but then you wouldn't get the neat, to me, zooming effects.

Anyway. I use the app "iOS 7 Wallpaper Fix" (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ios-7-wallpaper-fix-rotate/id765059392?mt=8, $.99, USD). It adds a black border around your picture to negate the zooming effects (the picture made is actually is 744 x 1392 vs. 640 x 1136).

Once you've used the app (or one like it) to create the black border wallpaper, edit THAT picture with text. Then, it should display fine.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts