What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email opens to the oldest first

rdentrekin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email opens to the oldest instead of the newest, so I have to scroll all the way to the top. Any ideas, guys?

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which email app are you using? The stock Mail app, or a third party email app?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
R

rdentrekin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just the email program that came on the air. Never had this happen on my iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afaik, it's not possible to select the order in which emails appear on your iPad.

Which account are you using? Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, Yahoo...?

OP
R

rdentrekin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afaik, it's not possible to select the order in which emails appear on your iPad.

Which account are you using? Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, Yahoo...?
Gmail mostly. And it doesn't seem to do it every time. But when it does, it's a pain to scroll all the way through 3-4 years of old emails to get to the most current

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds weird.

Try removing the account from your iPad, and set it up again afterwards.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you tap at the very top of the email list (in the status bar) then it should scroll to the top. This also works in Safari when viewing sites and in several other apps when you need to get back to the top of a list or page quickly. The exact tap target changes a bit, but is usually the top center of the content you want to get to the top of.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426802027.648486.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you tap at the very top of the email list (in the status bar) then it should scroll to the top. This also works in Safari when viewing sites and in several other apps when you need to get back to the top of a list or page quickly. The exact tap target changes a bit, but is usually the top center of the content you want to get to the top of.

View attachment 63447
Thank you.
I was visualising something completely different when I read the posts. Thus my (wrong) advice. :oops:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We've yet to see which of us were visualizing it wrong. If the list is showing up oldest to newest my suggestion won't help. I can't think of any settings or condition that would cause that to happen; but Murphy has shown, repeatedly, that my lack of imagination is no limitation to his inventiveness.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think your advice is right. Well, we'll have to wait for rdentrekin's reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts