What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching iPad to Outlook - display most recent email first

AliciaK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a new iPad user and have synched my MS Outlook without a hassle. The problem I have is that I have 000's of emails in my inbox and the iPad is displaying the oldest (June 2009) first and then I have to scroll all the way to top to view my unread emails.

This must be a common occurrence - is there a work-around - or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance! :)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't have to scroll once you are at "the top." It will take you there when you relaunch Mail.

But I don't know how you ended up with so many older emails. You must have chosen to sync ALL email instead of just the last week or so. That is not really necessary.

Michael

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a new iPad user and have synched my MS Outlook without a hassle. The problem I have is that I have 000's of emails in my inbox and the iPad is displaying the oldest (June 2009) first and then I have to scroll all the way to top to view my unread emails.

This must be a common occurrence - is there a work-around - or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance! :)

A quick way to scroll 'to the top' in many iPad applications (Mail is one of them) is to briefly touch the screen at the very top - i.e in the bar that displays the time and network and battery status - but just above the Inbox column in landscape mode. The same method works if you need to scroll back to the top of a very long email - just touch the topmost part of the screen, but this time just above the displayed email.

This works in Safari too, to get back to the top of a very long webpage.

Enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

AliciaK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I reduced the sync to one week and it seems to have solved the problem - thank you.

I will also keep in mind to touch the screen at the top.

Much appreciated!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your question about email. As you know, the iPad is limited to, at most, displaying the last two hundred emails that you have. If you have a large number of emails on your server and you currently use the POP protocol for receiving them, you might want to consider switching to IMAP instead. This will allow you to search your entire email backlog for any email - you can search on the To, From, cc field etc. You still can't store a large number of emails locally for off line access, but you can at least gain access to any emails stored on your server.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Wlasalle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank Tim;
I'm in to pc's quite a bit, but a newbie with the IPad for sure. (sure beats a laptop when lying in bed)
P.S. Are you from Scotland?
My mothers from Narin.

Wayne
Central NY, USA

Most reactions