What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email messages

frederick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iOS7 I can't seem to see where it shows you the minimum/ maximum number of email messages that you can retain on your ipad2, as you could prior.
I haven't deleted any messages off the server, but the earliest emails that are showing in my in box are dated 21/03/2014. Surely I should be able to see earlier ones that have not been deleted?
When I look at my iCloud email account, I have messages going back to 2012.
Why is this, can anyone advise what I can do to see earlier in deleted emails?

Thanks in anticipation.

Fred

OP
F

frederick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just counted the emails in my inbox: 180 the same as on all devices.

I am using a Vodafone subsidiary in New Zealand called ihug.

The previous iOS setting allowed you to nominate the number of emails required to be in your in box, but I can't seem to see where it. Is shown on the latest iOS 7?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no limited number of emails on your iPad any more. This was removed with iOS 7.

If you have an Exchange or Outlook account, you still can determine the period from which the emails are shown on your iPad. Go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars. Tap the account there. If it shows "Mail days to sync", select that and choose "No limit", if you want to see all the emails of that account:

image-2819058002.jpg

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u tried search above inbox. Mine are not there but if I search they come up.Just tried it and I brought up one from dec 2012 Just done the change in settings for a month and voila ,thanks JA

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have u tried search above inbox. Mine are not there but if I search they come up.Just tried it and I brought up one from dec 2012 Just done the change in settings for a month and voila ,thanks JA
You're welcome.

Most reactions

Latest posts