What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail app eating read email!

Jteaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a strange one. Often, after I read an email and then go to look for it later, it doesn't exist! Not always, but more
often than not. It will show up on my imac, however.

I have all the settings on all my devices, and the server set properly to not delete from server EVER.

I wonder, when mail is downloaded onto the iPad is it stored locally on the iPad?

And this may or may not be related, whenever I "search for messages on server", it never finds anything... "No messages found on server." Aaargh!:rolleyes:
(does this deserve another thread? )

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a strange one. Often, after I read an email and then go to look for it later, it doesn't exist! Not always, but more
often than not. It will show up on my imac, however.

I have all the settings on all my devices, and the server set properly to not delete from server EVER.

I wonder, when mail is downloaded onto the iPad is it stored locally on the iPad?

And this may or may not be related, whenever I "search for messages on server", it never finds anything... "No messages found on server." Aaargh!:rolleyes:
(does this deserve another thread? )

Any ideas?

Thanks!

G'day Jteaser and welcome to the forum. My question may be a bit simplistic but when you have read an email, do you delete it? It should be in Mailboxes "Trash".
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jteaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,
Ah, but we're it that easy!
I don't delete them after I've read them. That's why it's so weird.
When the mail is downloaded, is it store locally on the iPad?
Thanks!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,
Ah, but we're it that easy!
I don't delete them after I've read them. That's why it's so weird.
When the mail is downloaded, is it store locally on the iPad?
Thanks!

I wonder if this would help:
Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars then tap on Show and check out the number of emails to show.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts