What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email, CardDAV

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to an error on my ipad. It was asking for a cardDAV passwork? Now my yahoo email is not excepting my password and i seem to be locked out. Some please help. Thank you, jodi

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to an error on my ipad. It was asking for a cardDAV passwork? Now my yahoo email is not excepting my password and i seem to be locked out. Some please help. Thank you, jodi

Use a browser to access Yahoo mail, before signing in you'll find "I can't access my account". Tap it and follow further instructions. Settings/passwords you change there, also have to be changed in your iPad email account settings.

CardDAV was asking for your yahoo password, it seems.

Last edited:
OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But my password isn't working?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But my password isn't working?

image-2396826256.jpg

This is what you should be looking for. If you tap it, you'll be directed to this:

image-2697490283.jpg

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand your prompts however; it's not working.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to reset your iPad. (Press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears)

I suppose you tried to enter your yahoo password in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - your account?

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J. A. is right. It's possible your Yahoo account was getting a bit jittery for want of a password. Did you restore a backup recently, where a Yahoo account can drop off a password? Maybe to do with your Yahoo mail account? Anyway....
Go into Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Yahoo>Account and re-enter your password. Then log into your Yahoo account.
I wonder if that helped to get rid of that CalDAV password nag?
Andrew

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried this suggestion. I have called yahoo and have to wait for 12 hrs because my account is locked. However; after the 12 hr it should work? But the cardDAV is going to reappear and I dont know what it wants...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If CardDAV asks for your password again, instantly go to your Yahoo account in Settings. If your password is missing, enter it.

OP
JodiJ

JodiJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I waited 12 hrs and changed my password. No worries. Jodi

Most reactions

Latest posts