What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting Yahoo! Contacts to the Ipad contacts

Sandygirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After beating my head against the wall all weekend..I went to my email source. SIMPLE!!! Yahoo! has a great tute for exporting contacts to Iphone (so far, not Ipad...BUT...) but the same instructions work on Ipad. AWESOME!! Worked like a charm! I quote the instructions from Yahoo below. Sandy

"If you are running iPhone 4.0 software or newer, you will be able to sync your Yahoo! Contacts to your iPhone or iPod Touch without plugging it into your computer. You can check your current version by going to Settings, then General. From there choose About, followed by Version on your iPhone or iPod Touch device.
To sync your account:
  1. Go to your iPhone or iPod Touch settings application (and Ipad!)
  2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  3. Tap Add Account
  4. Tap Other and then tap Add CardDAV Account
  5. If you are on iOS software version 4.1, you need to enter yahoo.com as the server. If you are using an older version to iOS 4, you can enter carddav.address.yahoo.com
  6. Now type in the Yahoo! ID and password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Contacts
  7. Once you click Save, your device will verify your Yahoo! ID and password
  8. Next time you open up your iPhone or iPod Touch Contacts app you will see a page allowing you to see your Yahoo! Contacts sync into your device Contact list.
  9. If you'd like to have the contacts you add onto your iPhone automatically sync to Yahoo!, you will need to go back into the device Settings application. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendar. If you are running iPhone 4.0 software or newer, you will be able to sync your Yahoo! Contacts to your iPhone or iPod Touch without plugging it into your computer. You can check your current version by going to Settings, then General. From there choose About, followed by Version on your iPhone or iPod Touch device.
    To sync your account:
    1. Go to your iPhone or iPod Touch settings application
    2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    3. Tap Add Account
    4. Tap Other and then tap Add CardDAV Account
    5. If you are on iOS software version 4.1, you need to enter yahoo.com as the server. If you are using an older version to iOS 4, you can enter carddav.address.yahoo.com
    6. Now type in the Yahoo! ID and password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Contacts
    7. Once you click Save, your device will verify your Yahoo! ID and password
    8. Next time you open up your iPhone or iPod Touch Contacts app you will see a page allowing you to see your Yahoo! Contacts sync into your device Contact list.
    9. If you'd like to have the contacts you add onto your iPhone automatically sync to Yahoo!, you will need to go back into the device Settings application. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Drag the page down to the Contacts section and change the default Contacts account that you would like to save Contacts to.
    Note: Some characters in the password may not work (such as '#' and ' ') when setting up CardDAV. Depending on what version of the software you are using this may or may not be the case.
    If you are having problems syncing your Contacts try going to Settings, Safari, Clear Cookies . Then quit the Contacts application and restart it. If your phone supports multi-tasking, make sure you completely quit the Contacts application.

Drag the page down to the Contacts section and change the default Contacts account that you would like to save Contacts to.
Note: Some characters in the password may not work (such as '#' and ' ') when setting up CardDAV. Depending on what version of the software you are using this may or may not be the case.
If you are having problems syncing your Contacts try going to Settings, Safari, Clear Cookies . Then quit the Contacts application and restart it. If your phone supports multi-tasking, make sure you completely quit the Contacts application."

mercat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fantastic! I used iTunes to sync contacts with my Yahoo account (on an iPad2) and it didn't import all my contacts for some reason. I cleared them out and tried this method, and all imported flawlessly. Thanks!

FifthElement

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great post. Thanks for this. Been trying to find a way of doing this for weeks. Works perfectly on Ipad2.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do i choose 'from my pc' as my default account, if i wish to export contacts from my ipad to yahoo contacts? thanks!

"If you'd like to have the contacts you add onto your iPhone automatically sync to Yahoo!, you will need to go back into the device Settings application. Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Drag the page down to the Contacts section and change the default Contacts account that you would like to save Contacts to."

how can i see the content of my yahoo contacts? i want to see if it works :)

Last edited:

jackhipp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You for the step by step instructions as they were perfect. Made a difficult process easy. Thanks again. Jack

Most reactions

Latest posts