What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD to computer to ipad2

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Know there's a lot of threads on putting DVDs to iPad, but I was wondering if there is a full guide available on iPad forums somewhere that explains step by step how to put a DVD on to the computer (pc)' and then subsequently convert to e right format and put on to iPad.

I keep seeing handbrake, but I could get it to process my friends episode on DVD...

I need like a step by step guide - on to computer, then convert, then to iPad...

If anyone can redirect me to another thread and this can be closed? I did do a search but I couldn't find what I was looking for or else I did find it but didn't understand it.... Flip I feel stupid.....

Apple newbie here ... /-(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok using and brake for some DVDs but it's taking more than 40 mins for a 20 min episode of king of queens, is that normal?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what i can gather, it is very much dependent on the speed of your computer. It isn't a quick process. By now I expect you've been able to see if the conversion has worked...success?

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
From what i can gather, it is very much dependent on the speed of your computer. It isn't a quick process. By now I expect you've been able to see if the conversion has worked...success?

I must have done something wrong....ok it all worked fine.... I selected the apple tv preset and the quality is terrible, even on iTunes on pc. It's breaking up, sound is on and off...what on earth? I just spent the day doing that. What a waste....

I used DVD catalyst for some friends episodes and they were ok....not greatest quality...but they are brilliant compared to this latest ...

Gonna have to start again tomorrow ... Arch

:(

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if it's cos it's a USA DVD and I'm in the uk? I need to change region on my computer? Ah the troubles...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCan said:
I wonder if it's cos it's a USA DVD and I'm in the uk? I need to change region on my computer? Ah the troubles...

That certainly sounds like it could be the problem.....we use PAL and DVD's from the USA use NTSC, I've not used DVD convertors but there may be a setting within handbrake for this.

The Archangel

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
That certainly sounds like it could be the problem.....we use PAL and DVD's from the USA use NTSC, I've not used DVD convertors but there may be a setting within handbrake for this.

The Archangel

I'll have to check this out. Wasted most of the afternoon yesterday converting it.

Most reactions