What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd to ipad conversion

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did a search of this site and found handbrake was recommended for converting DVDs. So I downloaded it and gave it a go. Unfortunately the first two DVDs I tried processed for a while then said they were an 'unsupported format' and couldn't be converted.

Can anyone either suggest how to make handbrake work, or suggest another piece of software to use? I don't mind paying for something that works well.

Reaction score
The DVD's are probably copy-protected and since Handbrake can only handle non-copy-protected video files, it is only natural to throw you an error. You would also need a program, such as AnyDvd, to remove the copy-protection on-the-fly.

OP
Q

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 12th Doctor said:
What I did was download anydvd and had it running in the background while handbrake was converting. Worked like a charm for me. Give it a try and see if it helps.

I have downloaded the trial version of anydvd and it seems to be working, thanks for the hint.

How long should it take to convert a DVD? My estimated time to complete is 14 hours which seems a bit much!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easier way? Buy av player, copy the vob files from DVD and then av player will play with no trouble whatsoever, awesome. :)

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So...I bought a ton of movies at a Blockbuster last week...they're having a "going out of business" sale, and all of their movies are on the cheap. None of these movies are coming out of Handbrake properly!! They're blocky and pixellate, like the movie channels on the old analog cable that you weren't subscribed to, only the sound is choppy, too!

Is this some Macrovision, or just a weird coincidence that it did this with (former) Blockbuster Rental DVDs?

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used Handbrake for a while, then a paid program. The best thing I ever did was spend $9.95 for DVD Catalyst. It is fast, easy to use and has a zillion presets for exactly the device and file size you want.

kdcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jnewell said:
I used Handbrake for a while, then a paid program. The best thing I ever did was spend $9.95 for DVD Catalyst. It is fast, easy to use and has a zillion presets for exactly the device and file size you want.

Does anyone know how long it should take to covert DVDs to iPad 2 using Cucusoft?

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am newbie and really like to know if the following moves could convert the movies dvd to iPad 2 : can we copy our mOvies dvd to itunes and itunes convert it to iPad2 ? If so, how ?

Is there any free ans easy program to convert movies dvd or blueray to iPad2 ?

Thanks a lot for helping me ...

Saraphi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Help

Hi, I download a movie/video to iTune, and shows up in my Movie section, but when I update my iPad it does not transfer to the iPad. Any suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad it is transferred to the Video app, not the iTunes app. So have a look in the iPad's Video app and you should find it there.

Tim

Saraphi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
further

Tim,

Thanks. OK, I have a movie, on my mini iMac harddrive. When I transfer thismovie to my itune application,in in"movie" section. On updating iPad to they generally transfer to the video icon that shows up in the entertainment section of the ipad.but sometimes one will be missing

Saraphi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
screen shots:
NvFus3b04JoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Most reactions

Latest posts