What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD ripping then converting to iPad ?

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am in the uk and have been looking at DVD ripping programmes to buy but not understanding how it all works I am very confused and do not know what to do.. Can you help ? I have not even managed to copy my DVDs to my laptop as it downloads a huge file with all sorts in it and I never know what to click on. I was told there is software that makes DVD ripping easy peasy then converting to an iPad format easy peasy But I have no idea which one it is. I would love to be able to rip a DVD to my laptop, then convert it to be able to put it on my iPad and watch my DVDs on my iPad until my local cows come by. Hope you can help.
Many thanks
Tracey x
p.s am still learning all about the iPad and have quite a long way to go so any tips on iPad would be great.
Cheers chaps and chapessess xx

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Converting any format to ipad is easily done through free "handbrake" (google search). Another option is using a paid video app like Xplayer or others. Can play almost anything on ipad including subs. Movie/video are imported by Xplayer itself through itunes.

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ,

google "DVD to IPAD free", it returns several apps you can try.

I use DVDFab, it is quick , good quality and converts to IPAD format all effortlessly.

OP
traceykate

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for the help. I will give those a go xx

soullessbunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Free Studio. It converts dvds and videos to ipad, iphone, ipod and apple tv (as well as doing lots of other useful conversions).

Sent from my much loved iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions