What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD rip to iPad

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving Handbrake a whirl right now. I'm interested to see how it'll work out with chapters and everything.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving Handbrake a whirl right now. I'm interested to see how it'll work out with chapters and everything.

AFAIK, Handbrake doesn't do chapters...er, at least, I haven't made any chapters using handbrake. I suppose they might be in there.

The one thing I love love *love* about Handbrake is the presets for all your different devices, so it can automatically adjust the resolution and image size. But it doesn't always take off the encoding from my DVD properly. So, to remedy that, I use the semi-legal* DVD Decrypter, and then rip the file on my hard drive through Handbrake.

*Apparently it's not legal to use DVD Decrypter in a certain unnamed nation where they filmed the Dukes of Hazzard once upon a time. But I live in Canada, so I can at least mention the program in passing, right? :D

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use dvdfab and works perfect for DVD or bluerays.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score

AFAIK, Handbrake doesn't do chapters...er, at least, I haven't made any chapters using handbrake. I suppose they might be in there.

The one thing I love love *love* about Handbrake is the presets for all your different devices, so it can automatically adjust the resolution and image size. But it doesn't always take off the encoding from my DVD properly. So, to remedy that, I use the semi-legal* DVD Decrypter, and then rip the file on my hard drive through Handbrake.

*Apparently it's not legal to use DVD Decrypter in a certain unnamed nation where they filmed the Dukes of Hazzard once upon a time. But I live in Canada, so I can at least mention the program in passing, right? :D

Handbrake certainly does chapters! I tested it out the other day when my girlfriend and I picked up a copy of Turtleneck and Chain. It came with a DVD of The Lonely Island's latest videos and I got all the music videos named and loaded up on the iPad.

It worked swimmingly.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Handbrake certainly does chapters! I tested it out the other day when my girlfriend and I picked up a copy of Turtleneck and Chain. It came with a DVD of The Lonely Island's latest videos and I got all the music videos named and loaded up on the iPad.

It worked swimmingly.

Cool! I don't seem to have chapters on the copy of Braveheart I just made. Is that something you have to specifically set?

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool! I don't seem to have chapters on the copy of Braveheart I just made. Is that something you have to specifically set?

Yup. Just click the Chapters tab and click on "Create chapter markers."

Unfortunately, you have to manually name them if you want them to be titled, otherwise they're just "Chapter 1, Chapter 2, et al."

Lewys94ccfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using handbrake fine now :)

One quick question what Devices do you use, Which is better Universal or Ipad is there much diffrence please?

Which take up more room on the ipad Universal or ipad devices.?

Most reactions

Latest posts