What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

converting/ripping movies

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have had many rip to laptop and convert fine, but there are some that for whatever reason will play, but not in sync. Any ideas what should try to get all movies to play in sync with the words, its annoying lol

The programs have used with different results are, handbrake, DVD fab, magic dvd copier and ipod me, all have done well, just seems that some moves dont want to work right.

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you check the movie you want to sync when you click the on your iPad in the iTunes program under the movie tab? It's the only reason I could think of. Or perhaps resolution issue?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have had many rip to laptop and convert fine, but there are some that for whatever reason will play, but not in sync. Any ideas what should try to get all movies to play in sync with the words, its annoying lol

The programs have used with different results are, handbrake, DVD fab, magic dvd copier and ipod me, all have done well, just seems that some moves dont want to work right.

Are you viewing them on the iPad using the iPad's native 'Movie' app or a third party app, such as oPlayer. I've had a lot more success with oPlayer viewing non-iTunes downloaded movies than with the native app.

Tim
Scotland

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you check the movie you want to sync when you click the on your iPad in the iTunes program under the movie tab? It's the only reason I could think of. Or perhaps resolution issue?

They are referring to the video not syncing with the sound when you watch it. Like a Bruce lee movie. :p

I get that a lot also. I love using Air Video for streaming. It also converts the file if you want it to

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agh ok....sorry for the misinterpretation :) yeah I get those problems too.

OP
D

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, it gets annoying lol some movies convert fine, yes I use the native ipad player, I will have to try that other player you mentioned.

Most reactions