What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

duplicating entries in calender

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calender is doing my head in. It's duplicating, triplicating and even more all my events, and I can't even delete some of the replications. Is anyone else having the same problem, or does anyone know how to stop it?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry -that should say Calender is doing my head in!

PS. Oooh- just found the edit button!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It sounds like you are syncing via two or three different methods, when you should just be syncing via one. Do you sync your calendar via itunes, icloud, exchange, imap? More than one of them?

OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know it just syncs when I sync through iTunes - ie. connect to my MacBook, and iTunes syncs automatically. I'm giving up on iCloud, as it's just a nightmare.

cabinowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off iCloud in settings, synced, then back on, helped somewhat, still checking.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As far as I know it just syncs when I sync through iTunes - ie. connect to my MacBook, and iTunes syncs automatically. I'm giving up on iCloud, as it's just a nightmare.

iTunes is the worst method, in my opinion, but if you want to use it make sure you've turned off your Calendar (and whatever else) syncing both in your System Preferences > iCloud on the MacBook and in Settings > iCloud on the iPad.

That won't get rid of the current duplicates (you will have to do that manually) but it should prevent future ones. Then all you will have to deal with are the conflict resolution dialogs and the are-you-sure because it changes xx% warning when syncing through iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts