What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped ipad

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought an iPad2 16gb wifi and was more than satisfied with it until the other night I dropped it about three feet onto a tile floor. The dropped dinged the corner and I came close to weeping, I took solace only because I was glad nothing had broken internally, but today I noticed that around the outer edges of the display there seems to be spots that are a yellow tinge. Is this the screen "bleeding" I have been reading about and would the drop have caused it? It is very possible it has been there since I first purchased my ipad2 and i just hadn't noticed it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought an iPad2 16gb wifi and was more than satisfied with it until the other night I dropped it about three feet onto a tile floor. The dropped dinged the corner and I came close to weeping, I took solace only because I was glad nothing had broken internally, but today I noticed that around the outer edges of the display there seems to be spots that are a yellow tinge. Is this the screen "bleeding" I have been reading about and would the drop have caused it? It is very possible it has been there since I first purchased my ipad2 and i just hadn't noticed it.

Although I'm not clear if it was the drop that caused the light bleeding, Members have been reporting that Apple are operating an unofficial, one-time-only replacement for dropped iPads. Given that yours has this secondary defect, I would return it to the Apple Store and see if they'll replace it for you.

Let us know how you get on and it might not hurt to mention iPF.....

Tim

OP
P

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Although I'm not clear if it was the drop that caused the light bleeding, Members have been reporting that Apple are operating an unofficial, one-time-only replacement for dropped iPads. Given that yours has this secondary defect, I would return it to the Apple Store and see if they'll replace it for you.

Tim

I bought my iPad from best buy due to the lack of Apple Store within 30 miles of my home, any other advice?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I bought my iPad from best buy due to the lack of Apple Store within 30 miles of my home, any other advice?

I would still try the Apple Store when you're next there - it's a sort of warranty issue......

Tim

OP
P

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I would still try the Apple Store when you're next there - it's a sort of warranty issue......

Tim

Oh, I see. I was thinking that the apple store would only help if I bought my iPad from there, which is wrong. Thanks for the advice Tim.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Tim

I also bought my iPad1 from Best Buy last June. I took it to the nearest Apple store last week when I discovered the rubber gasket around the glass was coming out.

They took it and replaced it with a brand new iPad1 even though I had bought it at Best Buy.

It's a warranty replacement. Doesn't/Shouldn't matter which store you bought it from.

OP
P

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
I also bought my iPad1 from Best Buy last June. I took it to the nearest Apple store last week when I discovered the rubber gasket around the glass was coming out.

They took it and replaced it with a brand new iPad1 even though I had bought it at Best Buy.

It's a warranty replacement. Doesn't/Shouldn't matter which store you bought it from.

My only problem is that I'm not sure if it is damaged from my dropping it or if the screen was bleeding from the start and I just hadn't noticed it. And I'm pretty sure that apple doesn't cover accident/mishandling right?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:

My only problem is that I'm not sure if it is damaged from my dropping it or if the screen was bleeding from the start and I just hadn't noticed it. And I'm pretty sure that apple doesn't cover accident/mishandling right?

Mine actually had been dropped a couple of times from knee height while in it's cover and carrying case. That may have caused my problem.

I didn't volunteer that information when I went in and they didn't ask me.

OP
P

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
Mine actually had been dropped a couple of times from knee height while in it's cover and carrying case. That may have caused my problem.

I didn't volunteer that information when I went in and they didn't ask me.

There is a slight dent on the corner of mine from the drop, you dont think they'll say anything if I dont mention it? Sorry about the interrogation, I've just never set foot in an apple store.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You never can tell what they'll say.

The worst they can say is "no." They just might say "yes."

At this stage, what do you have to lose?

OP
P

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, i will plan a trip to the nearest store and let you all know how it went ASAP.

OP
P

pigpenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took the thirty mile journey to the apple store and I'm certainly glad I did, I described my problem (I may have forgotten to mention the drop) and i had a brand new ipad2 in my hands in ten minutes. Thanks for the help guys!

Most reactions

Latest posts