What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 dropped resulting in a cracked screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidb83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning my 2 year old pulled my iPad2 off the kitchen work surface while plugged in. As it snagged on the
plug, she dropped it on to a tiled floor. The result a cracked screen. She only dropped it about a foot.

Having read another post on this forum, I have seen that in some instances Apple have kindly replaced the device. I have been into an Apple store this morning and the guy I spoke to was quoting me £320 for a replacement.
I have the wifi / 3G bigger memory iPad, so I guess it wasn't a bad price.

What grieves me is that only yesterday, I bought a cheaper wifi only 16gb iPad 2 for my wife and daughters for
Christmas so they wouldn't continually argue over using mine, along with the Apple TV (admittedly from a different Apple store).

I left the store, because I am inclined to put up with the cracked screen and wait for then iPad 3.

Mine is now broke, Santa will will them a new one, and Apple didn't seem to be as kind to me. Has anyone got
Anyone got any advice, or has anyone experienced anything similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts