What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh boy, emerald is going to be elusive for me. After some short term duds I go a second 48 hour. Now both island and cave have them not speeding them up so I'm stuck for a bit. Grrr. Couldn't get a 48 hour for EVER when I wanted one, now...... Murphys Law, meet Dragonvale.

Brooklyn11220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, just took another look at your parks-you have upgraded everything!
Yeah I use lichen left and crystal right, and since Ive only spent a couple of bucks in the game I said why not an bought about $50-56 worth of gems. Trust me it was no light decision but why not give back since I already had everythin but the breeding cave updates were a shocker, I mean I like them but I wish the tree top could have stayed the way it was

Last edited:

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
Yeah I use lichen left and crystal right, and since Ive only spent a couple of bucks in the game I said why not an bought about $50-56 worth of gems. Trust me it was no light decision but why not give back since I already had everythin but the breeding cave updates were a shocker, I mean I like them but I wish the tree top could have stayed the way it was

Yeah, I don't like the look of the tree at all, so I'm with you on that one. There will be no gem purchases for me. When I first started playing, yes, but not now - I'm spent! Sure wish there were some new habitats up for grabs for all the other dragons in the hibernation cave.

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The display option is kinda like an interest free bank account. Thankfully they sell later at their original price. I can hoard the high priced duds and sell them later if I need cash.

"dud" a dragon you bred when you were trying to breed some other dragon. You already have one or 2 of them. And have already bred and sold 50 of them. Often they are very long breed times and sell cheap.

Brooklyn11220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To all the guest who watch the best forum out there from afar come join the family and to all who sent req I have accepted :) enjoy Dragonvale and it's wonderful family forum community :)

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Emerald Eric said:
DV Queen - thank you for the help with the update! Do u have any idea how long the Butterfly, Current, Emerald, Plasma, And Dodo dragons will be available? The reason I ask is so I can plan and try to breed them in order so I don't miss out on one before its gone. I DO have lichen and crystal dragons and have 1 butterfly but no current, emerald, plasma, or dodo ;(. any suggestions which one to go for next? Also I do have the epic breeding island but that's where my 48 hour rare is held up until tomorrow at like 4 pm...

The plasma and current are here to stay. The butterfly no one is really sure but they told us a week before they took the bloom and Sakura dragons off the market. I would be willing to bet that the emerald will only be available this month. And the dodo It looks like it is already gone.

Last edited:

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skaterboy69 said:
U can breed more than one nd put it in your hibernation cave if anything but idk I hate that u cant breed them together. And I just realized why my breed and hibernation times arent the same anymore. Bc when I updated the breeding caves and epi which makes them decrease the breeding time by a couple hrs

Its 20% less

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emerald Eric said:
DV Queen - thank you for the help with the update! Do u have any idea how long the Butterfly, Current, Emerald, Plasma, And Dodo dragons will be available? The reason I ask is so I can plan and try to breed them in order so I don't miss out on one before its gone. I DO have lichen and crystal dragons and have 1 butterfly but no current, emerald, plasma, or dodo ;(. any suggestions which one to go for next? Also I do have the epic breeding island but that's where my 48 hour rare is held up until tomorrow at like 4 pm...

Current and plasma should be around for good. The dodo has disappeared from the market but can still be bred. A glitch perhaps? The emerald dragon should be available til the end of may then a pearl dragon could be released!! Butterfly i have no idea! I would suggest breeding for butterfly and emerald first :) good luck!!

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my attempts at emerald i got a cactus followed by a crystal, a sun, a crystal, another sun and finally an emerald! I went back to breeding for coin and then realised i wanted an emerald egg for my new element egg display. So i put lichen and crystal back on ebi and.... Emerald straight up :D happiness!!!

aeriyauna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok.. So the Dodo is gone?! And I am struggling STILL with gettin a butterfly, Frostfire, Panlong, current and plasma!! Ugh.. What are the best combos?! Does it matter what level your dragons are on? All mine are above level 10 now...

skaterboy69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DVQueen said:
Got it with lichen/crystal. I would not upgrade, as it sounds like it just shorten the time by an hour or two. However, I would get the new gems island, where you can purchase it with DC. Good luck! :)

Well depends on how long the breeding time is on how much time they decrease them by the 48hrs are reduced to 39hrs but like the 14hrs are reduced to 12hrs so depends on how long the breed time is

ren05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my second butterfly dragon so I can get started breeding a current and a plasma

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I
In my attempts at emerald i got a cactus followed by a crystal, a sun, a crystal, another sun and finally an emerald! I went back to breeding for coin and then realised i wanted an emerald egg for my new element egg display. So i put lichen and crystal back on ebi and.... Emerald straight up :D happiness!!!
Oh good idea!

Most reactions

Latest posts