What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
aeriyauna said:
Ok.. So the Dodo is gone?! And I am struggling STILL with gettin a butterfly, Frostfire, Panlong, current and plasma!! Ugh.. What are the best combos?! Does it matter what level your dragons are on? All mine are above level 10 now...

Dodo is not gone. It's still in my market. IDK why some said it's not in the market anymore.

Current- water+magnetic
Plasma- lightning+rust
Panlong- blazing+mud/ fog+lava
Frostfire- cold+fire hybrid
Butterfly- air+firefly

Level does not matter

GC id: kryp2n8

kl005204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

those who get the gem dragon.. i mean the emerald dragon... does the dragon give you one gem for each dragon? did they produce gems and you can collect those gem daily?

or is it after hatch...instead of getting XP you will only get money and gem?

add me. i got gem tree can give it to any dragonvalers. of course those give me i will give and i will concentrate more on the lower levels.
GCID kl005204

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ren05 said:
Finally got my second butterfly dragon so I can get started breeding a current and a plasma

Better start breeding emerald dragon, it's only until end of May. Current and Plasma will stay for good.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kl005204 said:
Hi All,

those who get the gem dragon.. i mean the emerald dragon... does the dragon give you one gem for each dragon? did they produce gems and you can collect those gem daily?

or is it after hatch...instead of getting XP you will only get money and gem?

add me. i got gem tree can give it to any dragonvalers. of course those give me i will give and i will concentrate more on the lower levels.
GCID kl005204

Emerald dragon generate gem instead of DC.

Level 1: 2/month
Level 4: 3/month
Level 8: 4/month
Level 10: 1/week (max)

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ursa3000 said:
Congratulations on the 48 hours (assuming you wanted one!). It will be a moon or sun, the cold and lightening elements seem to be the relevant elements and it isn't unusual to have used only one hybrid. If you started the breeding after 7pm it should be moon. They are my favourite dragon.

Thanks for the reply.
It just seemed odd as I recorded all the details of over 600 breeds and all my 48 hrs were from 2 hybrids - so I assumed you needed 4 elements.

I'm not too happy to have another one clogging up my cave as I've already got 3 rainbow, 2 leap yr, 2 suns and 3 moons on an island together.
I also sold a rainbow and 2 moons!!

I'm really disappointed that we didn't get more habitats in the update as with all the specials stuck in their own habitat they really limit what else you can have on. Your islands. If they listened to us they'd have increased the habitats or allow us to put 2 specials in a large special habitat....

It's times like this when I really wish you could gift these specials to people who are still desperate for them.

Ho hum.

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there another combo for emerald than lichen and crystal? Haven't got one yet, but there are some days left!

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DBL86 said:
Current and plasma should be around for good. The dodo has disappeared from the market but can still be bred. A glitch perhaps? The emerald dragon should be available til the end of may then a pearl dragon could be released!! Butterfly i have no idea! I would suggest breeding for butterfly and emerald first :) good luck!!

Thanks for the advice DBL! Do I HAVE to use the Epic Breeding Island to get the Emerald, Dodo, etc. or does it just raise the odds?

Last edited:

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also anyone know how long the panlong dragon will be around? Somebody just asked about how to get butterfly. I bred an air and a firefly both level 7 and got it on the first try! Try that and hope it works for ya...

JnNnE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, Lucky me for once!

Emerald dragon, first try on the EBI with Lichen on the left and Mountain on the right 31 hrs yaaaay

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Emerald Eric said:
Also anyone know how long the panlong dragon will be around? Somebody just asked about how to get butterfly. I bred an air and a firefly both level 7 and got it on the first try! Try that and hope it works for ya...

Panlong will be here for the rest of the year
I spent all the gems I managed to stockpile trying to get the emerald with no luck. Why did they have to release it at the end of the month and make everyone scramble to get it?

Last edited:

Steffany_W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait...so each new gemstone dragon needs it's own habitat? (Which I don't have available, at L27) How many gemstones to a habitat? It better be four+ otherwise if you are capped out at L30 and get 29 habitats and it's only one per habitat like the rares...you're using up almost half of your habitats!

GC ID: Steffany_W

Steffany_W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steffany_W said:
Wait...so each new gemstone dragon needs it's own habitat? (Which I don't have available, at L27) How many gemstones to a habitat? It better be four+ otherwise if you are capped out at L30 and get 29 habitats and it's only one per habitat like the rares...you're using up almost half of your habitats!

Haha never mind....

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aeriyauna said:
Ok.. So the Dodo is gone?! And I am struggling STILL with gettin a butterfly, Frostfire, Panlong, current and plasma!! Ugh.. What are the best combos?! Does it matter what level your dragons are on? All mine are above level 10 now...

Apparently dodo can still be bred but its not in the market.

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peppiegal said:
Panlong will be here for the rest of the year
I spent all the gems I managed to stockpile trying to get the emerald with no luck. Why did they have to release it at the end of the month and make everyone scramble to get it?

How do u think i feel - my name is Emerald Eric AND my birthday is in May LOL, it will really suck if I don't get an Emerald dragon in time...

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emerald Eric said:
Thanks for the advice DBL! Do I have to use the Epic Breeding Island to get the Emerald, Dodo, etc. or does it just raise the odds?

The ebi usually has a 6-10% chance of getting the dragon you are after, while the regular cave is roughly 2%. rainbow dragons are still only 1% in regular and up to 2% in ebi... Off the top of my head. :D happy Valing!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts