What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VDL04 said:
Lol! Last night just before bed i got a panlong (36hrs) and a tree (14hrs). Off to sleep i went. Sped up the last 4hrs of my tree and the next pait got me the LYD :)

Tiffany xoxo

Good for you!!! It's so nice to hear everyone who gets the LYD!

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
You all are the best, congrats on all of the successful breeding and to mjtyler for ur 2 LYDs. Breed on!!!! :)

Interesting to hear that also MJtyler got a second one... And that would be impossible? As I thought, you are not a spy Brooklyn!

You with second, which levels where the dragons?

Vivipilou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An american dream

Mr. G. Nius is working for Backflip. He reads all DV related forums very carefully.
A few weeks ago he came up with an idea which should both make his company and himself a fortune:
create a dragon with unique specifications as:
- very short time availability, 76 hours maximum
- does not need to be a new original dragon, a make-up layer on an existing one will do, thus low design work necessary
- make it available with a medium difficulty so that not too many dozen of attemps are necessary
- make it having a shorter breeding and hatching time but
- make the combo to obtain it so that it will automatically bring up a sortment of very much longer breeding and hatching time
- don't mention that only one single of the kind is available but let it leak on various media that it is probably not possible to get more then one.
- name it Leap Year Dragon and let it look as a revamped rainbow dragon with same properties.
As a result:
- gamers became hysterical trying to obtain it, many of them getting long term breeding and hatching combos (rainbow, sun, moon, panlongs etc) which blocked their ability to make further tries
- games began to spend gems by the dozen, buying like crazy in order to clear their breeding cave(s) and their hatcheries.
- Mr. G. Nius was delighted to read on various forums that people had bought masses of gems, spending sometimes 200 gems just trying to get that LYD
The business income curve of Backflip took an angle of 45 degrees.

But that is not all, Mr. G. Nius knew perfectly well that gamers all want a second copy of all their dragons, especially if availability was limited.
And now, he watched with thrill that those who had gotten the LYD and spent already loads of gems, were going again the same path to obtain that second copy. WHICH IS NOT AVAILABLE AND THAT IS THE TRICK!
The info had been spread on various media, a voluntary leak by Backflip so no one could later say: we did not know, we have been tricked/crooked or whatever.
Result:
- purchases of gems are going up again and the business income curve has now reached 75 degrees!
Champagne is flooding the premises of Backflip Studio and tomorrow, Mr G. Nius will receive a huuuuuge bonus.
He loves you.

Wild assumption:
In addition to the cash revenue, I would consider that this dragon also brings another bonus for BF Studio: (At least, if I was working there, I would take that opportunity).
As you know, all our games are stored on their servers.
If they coded the dragons bread and hatched, they know who has gotten 2 of them.
They can consult individual records and see if:
- it has been purchases with gems, what is the gems record saying, how many were ever purchased, how did the gamer come to the figures on its account. Remember, they know exactly what you purchased and when.
All those presenting "abnormalities" would be identified and cheater s games account would be deleted. These people bring no money and are of no interest to Backflip Studio.
This would kill two flies with one hit.

Oh and the trick with the LYD worked so well, you can expect more of these "special" dragons.

sunfresh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey hey hey!! I just got my 14:30 hour after 6 tries with my good old storm/flower combo ( the same one that got my first rainbow) Are my eyes playing tricks??
Hopefully it's a gold one..

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vivipilou said:
An american dream

Mr. G. Nius is working for Backflip. He reads all DV related forums very carefully.
A few weeks ago he came up with an idea which should both make his company and himself a fortune:
create a dragon with unique specifications as:
- very short time availability, 76 hours maximum
- does not need to be a new original dragon, a make-up layer on an existing one will do, thus low design work necessary
- make it available with a medium difficulty so that not too many dozen of attemps are necessary
- make it having a shorter breeding and hatching time but
- make the combo to obtain it so that it will automatically bring up a sortment of very much longer breeding and hatching time
- don't mention that only one single of the kind is available but let it leak on various media that it is probably not possible to get more then one.
- name it Leap Year Dragon and let it look as a revamped rainbow dragon with same properties.
As a result:
- gamers became hysterical trying to obtain it, many of them getting long term breeding and hatching combos (rainbow, sun, moon, panlongs etc) which blocked their ability to make further tries
- games began to spend gems by the dozen, buying like crazy in order to clear their breeding cave(s) and their hatcheries.
- Mr. G. Nius was delighted to read on various forums that people had bought masses of gems, spending sometimes 200 gems just trying to get that LYD
The business income curve of Backflip took an angle of 45 degrees.

But that is not all, Mr. G. Nius knew perfectly well that gamers all want a second copy of all their dragons, especially if availability was limited.
And now, he watched with thrill that those who had gotten the LYD and spent already loads of gems, were going again the same path to obtain that second copy. WHICH IS NOT AVAILABLE AND THAT IS THE TRICK!
The info had been spread on various media, a voluntary leak by Backflip so no one could later say: we did not know, we have been tricked/crooked or whatever.
Result:
- purchases of gems are going up again and the business income curve has now reached 75 degrees!
Champagne is flooding the premises of Backflip Studio and tomorrow, Mr G. Nius will receive a huuuuuge bonus.
He loves you.

Wild assumption:
In addition to the cash revenue, I would consider that this dragon also brings another bonus for BF Studio: (At least, if I was working there, I would take that opportunity).
As you know, all our games are stored on their servers.
If they coded the dragons bread and hatched, they know who has gotten 2 of them.
They can consult individual records and see if:
- it has been purchases with gems, what is the gems record saying, how many were ever purchased, how did the gamer come to the figures on its account. Remember, they know exactly what you purchased and when.
All those presenting "abnormalities" would be identified and cheater s games account would be deleted. These people bring no money and are of no interest to Backflip Studio.
This would kill two flies with one hit.

Oh and the trick with the LYD worked so well, you can expect more of these "special" dragons.

Great work, how did you find out, are you that mr g nius?

GCID tristan97tfj :) 8)(without the smileys)

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats to all those that got the rares or LYD that I did not get to quote! I am on limited time today and there was more than 30 pages to go through. Yikes! Lol

Ursa3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting to hear that also MJtyler got a second one... And that would be impossible? As I thought, you are not a spy Brooklyn!

The evidence is mounting for it being down to dragon level. MJ used level 19 dragons while Skaterboy and Brooklyn used level 20s. Perhaps the outstanding advanced players are being rewarded by BFS to make up for the shrine grind.

Brooklyn11220

iPF Noob
Reaction score

:) mines were both lvl 20 cold on the left and love on the right. :) Breed on!!!!

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey hey hey!! I just got my 14:30 hour after 6 tries with my good old storm/flower combo ( the same one that got my first rainbow) Are my eyes playing tricks??
Hopefully it's a gold one..

Yes, you got it! Congrats! :thumbs:

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best sight ever :)

GCID tristan97tfj :) 8)(without the smileys)

Attachments

• image-3721668130.jpg
    image-3721668130.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 259

VDL04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GT500Girl said:
Lol I knew you would get it! :thumbs:

Have u gotten one? I tended to skim past the last few pages... So many success stories!!!

Tiffany xoxo

Most reactions

Latest posts