What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It's an experiment for me given my personality. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone else. One thing should be noted: I'm not an impatient person in every aspect of my life. I have boot-strapped (no outside capital) four Internet companies that I nurtured into successes over a many year period. The Internet is the perfect environment for me. To operate in it on a daily basid requires short-term impatience that's almost pathological - I call it Ready-Fire-Aim. But building a successful company with 100+ employees requires long-term patience. Interesting blend, perfect for a half French, half Irish, Gemini. :D

I'm trying both with DV. And enjoying both so far.

Poppy

P.S. I got my first Gold on my first try and have been unable to get a second one with multiple tries. Perhaps it's hard to get the second one?

I'm not having any luck yet with number two either...

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GT500Girl said:
Yay! Congrats! :thumbs:

Thanks! :) at first try to! Now I'm trying for a next one, I really hope I will get one more before it's too late. But one is better than no one! I like the new decoration too, looks nice!

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got one this morning second try with Love10/Cold12

Rumor has it on the wiki that these are next to impossible to get for a second one? Anyone have any luck getting a second? (oh yeah and congrats to all who got one!)

Yay, sweet on getting LYD. I think Broolyn got his second last night.

skaterboy69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mc_neeze said:
Got one this morning second try with Love10/Cold12

Rumor has it on the wiki that these are next to impossible to get for a second one? Anyone have any luck getting a second? (oh yeah and congrats to all who got one!)

I got 2nd one first one took 4 tries and.got it with lvl 20 snow + lvl 20 love. 2nd one I gkt after 28 tries and it was lvl 20 love + lvl 20 snow (so it was.just.flipped around)

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all I am kl005204. just join the forum a few minutes ago. While trying to search for LYD breed combination manage to browse through this site. Finally i got my LYD. three tries on love with panlong. and one try with pan long and love. both level 10. finallly got it...lucky i manage to get before my gems finish.....initially i thought of collecting all those gems for epic breeding ground... but i have wasted 58 gems.... three failures of love and panlong i got one sonic, one poison and one "frostfire" (which i wanted to have this as my collection as well.) manage to get that LYD 2:15pm malaysia time. which means.... 2.15am EST around 52 visitors(not sure if odd or even visitor contribute to this rare attempt) and i did bought the "astrolabe" in the decoration market this is also not sure if this contribute to get the LYD. the riddle says..(The great wizard dalfgan claims that the leap year is a myth, so he invented this magical contraption to capture the extra days. nobody knows if it works or not, but it is said to have "unknown behaviour" if it is break......)

i got the guide from dragonwiki. luckily i have these two dragons love and pan long. for love dragon i still remember on the 13 of feb i got it. after around 5 fail attempt and i did finish my gems alot as well.... gems gems gems...i wish i could have enough..... i wonder how GT500girl got 999 gems. can anyone contribute gems for me? i will contribute to those give me and those that do not i will give at random... please please. i want an epic breeding ground...

regards
GC: kl005204

Welcome to the forum and congrats on our successes! Glad you joined us!

Well...my gems came from saving. I rarely spend any except when a new dragon like this comes out and then I only spend so many. I got them by having a lot of friends that I exchange with and also a lot of gold colosseum wins. I'm sad to say though that the last couple weeks the golds have slowed down quite a bit. I also keep a list and make sure to return gems to thse that send to me...as of lately it takes me awhile though. *sigh*

Dinofever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am sure there is some discussion on the fountain of youth somewhere but far to many pages, after I got my update my game was in limbo trying to download it for three days not letting me on and saying dv could not be downloaded so it was pretty inconvenient, and when I finally get it I bought the fountain and used it on one of my love dragons, so what does everyone/anyone else think of it? I probably won't really use it unless I find a baby something cuter than adult and don't want to breed again, what does anyone else think of it?

Ursa3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a theory but I would assume all combos that worked in the past for rainbow should work for LYD....hopefully...

I guessed so too. After getting a 48 hours (unwanted!!) with love + cold I decided to keep trying with flower and storm as they have given me 2 rainbows before. On the fifth try I got the hoped for 14.5 hours. The failed attempts were quite short luckily. Seems worth people who have rainbows trying the combo that gave them their rainbow.

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GT500girl is legit! She's well known and well liked on this forum. Many dragonvale players have added her as a friend.
Isnt she the one that started this thread?
She is always encouraging me and others who are having trouble with breeding their heart-desired dragons.

Thank you and yes, I am very legit. Someone could see that if they watch my stuff daily.

No, I did not start this thread. I came in sometime after it was started. I like most observed and read like 200 or so pages before I joined in...I wish I could take credit for it. This has turned out to be the best community by far and my 2nd family! :thumbs:

skaterboy69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dinofever said:
So I am sure there is some discussion on the fountain of youth somewhere but far to many pages, after I got my update my game was in limbo trying to download it for three days not letting me on and saying dv could not be downloaded so it was pretty inconvenient, and when I finally get it I bought the fountain and used it on one of my love dragons, so what does everyone/anyone else think of it? I probably won't really use it unless I find a baby something cuter than adult and don't want to breed again, what does anyone else think of it?

I think it was a cool idea and it helps some ppl who want an all baby island but for me idc to use it its just more of a decoration for me ive used it on maybe 5 of my dragons and thats it.

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need some advise pls.
I am on Level 29 going on 30.
I have saved enough money to buy the 6th island when I reach level 30.
I have all silver shrines too.
My habitats are 1 Plant, 1 Lightning, 1 Air, 1 Rainbow, 2 Moons, 3 Suns, 3 Fires, 3 Water, 6 Cold and 6 Earth.

I have a 48hr and 14.5hr breeding in the caves - no habitat for these two at the moment.
Please advise which 2 habitats should I sell. I tot of selling the plant and lightning since they do not generate much coins.
But will it affect getting the plant and lightning gold shrines in future?

Thanks!

Boy, that is a hard question. Fletch is the one to ask. If it were me I would get rid of a water....but that is because I have too many of them and are tired of them. You will also get another habitat at level 30 if I remember correctly

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: 50 hours in (many more gems spent clearing my nursery and speeding up firefly hatching).
My 30+ gems are now down to 1.
I've been desperately trying to get my 2nd rainbow (and now the Leap Year Dragon). At least the combos are the same for both.

Both Caved dedicated to Love/Cold or Mud/Blazing or Seaweed/Firefly

Results are MANY MANY poisons, flowers, lavas, blazings, scorches, fireflies, seaweeds, and crystals. 1 frostfire, 1 crystal.

Going hard with Love/Cold combo and I got a 48 hour in the EBI. Good news is it COULD be a rainbow. Bad news is that I am down to 1 breeding cave to get my Leap Year for the next 48 hours.
My nursery is jam packed and I am out of gems.

I have never bought any gems, nor do I judge anyone that does. Thanks to all my DV friends for all their continuous & generous gem gifts.
Almost level 30, going to buy the 6th island. Still in need of 2nd rainbow and 2 leap years. I will also follow in Poppy's footsteps and give a picture and short description of my islands once I think they are presentable.

Preview:
Colosseum Island
Tic Tac Toe Island
"I L" Island - dedicated to my significant other

Imma never stop trying...
[/QUOTE]

Oh my lord! I siure hope this is your rainbow! Good luck! Hope you get LYD soon.....

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy breeding to all those trying to get new Leap Year dragon.

Have a question??? I started playing Dragonvale on my iPad 1 & bought an iPad 2 last winter. Wondering if there is anyway to "sync" current data to iPad 2? Took far too long to get to level 27 to start over now.

It is all done with our GC ID so you should be fine once installed and you login. :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YAY YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Finally go one on my 15th attempt!!! I used love/cold every time and wasted 53 gems in the last 5 hours. I also got 4x scorch, 3x poison, 4x flower and 3x firefly for my efforts - luckily they were all short breeds!!

The 48hr that I had brewing (if you remember that far back) turned out to be a moon so I'm STILL waiting for a  to come my way! Oh well, I'll keep at it with the same combo as, so far, it's given me ALL my rares!

As for me saving for my gem tree I might have to wait a bit longer as I'm now down to 6 gems!

Here's my pic!! Loving it!!

View attachment 10447

Yay! Congrats Glenys! :thumbs:

Most reactions