What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

NiRRR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I understand, you have a chance to get a rainbow every time you breed any two dragons. Did you get a rainbow the very first time you bred? Or, what constituted a "first" try for you?

Thx

Sent from my iPad using iPF

the first time i tried seaweed and lava i got it. i tried other mixes before with no luck. then i tried this because someone said it works and i got it . so i want to know if i just got lucky or if this works a bigger % of times then others.

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NiRRR said:
i just did this and in my first try, i think i got it! it says 1 day 24 hours!!!!. can someone confirm if this works every time? i got rainbow on my first try.

Rainbow takes 48 h..

xBrittanyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Danimelni said:
Hi! I am just breeding my first rainbow, and I didn't have the habitat yet. So it's not a necessary thing to buy it in order to get the rainbow dragon. I also haven't completed all the achievements.

How did you breed the rainbow, do you know which dragons you used?

yomi511

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Just got a sandstorm from mud10 and air 10. I thought air and mud could make mud,fog and sandstorm and fog baby is really cute, so tried it. 1st time air+mud made fog and 2nd time mud+air got a sandstorm. Could we complete the achievement "Every last one" if we got rainbow, blue, sand and the others. I mean, is there any other secret dragon then?:p:p:p

Emma_soji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm I just bred an air and tree and got a 12 hour incubate time. It couldn't be a moss which takes 12 or th one other which I forget the name that also takes 12 but there is the blue dragon that may be cookin in that little cave. I was actually trying for a sand but I think I should have put air second for that. And WOOT! I'm not a noob any longer. Hehe

Emma_soji
Poo. I got a moss somehow. Messed up on the next sandstorm attempt too (air/plant OR plant/air will produce willow. Grrr
Another interesting detail that was slipping by me for several levels is that once you can buy large food factories, you can sell the small ones and replace the with large. I was using both large and my original small till I had a brain cell kick in and wonder. Makes feeding those hungry babies much more productive. Doh!

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yomi511 said:
Wow! Just got a sandstorm from mud10 and air 10. I thought air and mud could make mud,fog and sandstorm and fog baby is really cute, so tried it. 1st time air+mud made fog and 2nd time mud+air got a sandstorm. Could we complete the achievement "Every last one" if we got rainbow, blue, sand and the others. I mean, is there any other secret dragon then?:p:p:p

I've tried mud+air, nothing. I'm at lv 20, and it sucks, when I have sandstorm and rainbow it's over. Maybe I should thrash one of My Island, and start over decorating? :)

Robschrijver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay just got my sandstorm, used air (left) and tree (right). I also got already a blue fire. Got it by fire (left) and
Snow (right). think i am breeding now a fog dragon. Only rainbow to go. Any one knows if lightning and a hybrid from water will work? Trying also impossible cominations for more secret dragons. A fourth island will be very nice as i ran out of space and i still can build two habitats. Just wanted to share this lol! Happy breeding all

crazyhorse1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been following lots of useful tips for breeding dragons, thanks to everybody.
I now need a rainbow dragon, but cannot find one which works for certain. Can anybody help me out? Most of my dragons are level 7 although there are some at level 10.
Thanks

Artemis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the game does not register the achievements properly. I have won trophies, gold and silver in the coliseum, but the are not listed in achievements. does this mean I do not get xps for them?
you don't get xp from gamecenter achievements, but yes I've noticed a glitch in the achievements also.

Valenitup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not a glitch, you only get the achievement for golding them. The sandstorm dragon looks like a brown air dragon. You have to be careful about getting your hopes up because it has the same incubation/breed time as the air dragon.
As for Rainbow dragons, there is NO "certain" it is a 1% chance, trust me.

Most reactions

Latest posts