What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
I think there is something magical in hatching new dragons and then paring them to breed. I hatched my new chrome and scorch, I leveled them both up to level 10 and I put them in my epic breeding cave. I now have my 3rd ruby. Well, not yet, but I have one in the making.

Just for the record, that is now the third time I have tried that, and as a result - that is ruby #3. I am so excited. I hatched my first ruby, the second one is displayed on my egg pedestal, so this one is going to fly free in the gem tree....yay!

That's amazing! Maybe the wizard put some magic on your treats. ;) i also have #4 ruby in EBC right now, got 3 from EBC, 1 from EBS.

"This game is simply the power of LUCK! Oh, and MAGIC FINGER!"  GC id: kryp2n8

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BDD93 said:
Been trying for gold but also going for shrines

live for nothing, Die for something.. GC ID: BDD93

Just swung by your islands - they are looking great. I see you are using brass and flower and that's the best combo for gold. Don't give up, you will get her. I can hear the wizard from here - he's getting ready to work his magic over your breeding cave.

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
That's amazing! Maybe the wizard put some magic on your treats. ;) i also have #4 ruby in EBC right now, got 3 from EBC, 1 from EBS.

That's awesome, congrats Marc. I'm thinking it will be difficult to sell them off when the time comes to add other gem stone dragons, but for now, I'm grateful for the gems they generate.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
That's awesome, congrats Marc. I'm thinking it will be difficult to sell them off when the time comes to add other gem stone dragons, but for now, I'm grateful for the gems they generate.

Thanks Di! I won't care selling them off when i have new gemstone dragon to replace them. :)

LSnake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it a bad idea that I keep getting brass dragons as a fail n I'm hatching n making level 10 to go towards my fire shrine

You not alone. I've been trying in both breeding cave/island for quite some time, non-stop, and still nothing but brass. It's getting a little annoying for me, but I'm still plugging away! also, to note, I have as well done the same as you, leveling them up from 1 to 10 and yet, nothing. Keep at it. :)

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Just swung by your islands - they are looking great. I see you are using brass and flower and that's the best combo for gold. Don't give up, you will get her. I can hear the wizard from here - he's getting ready to work his magic over your breeding cave.

Yep, I agree that brass-flower is a better combo than brass-fire.. I seem to be unable to get gold with the latter. My lucky streak has been put on hold by the wizards it seems, I cannot get a rare anymore.. I'm still trying for gold, rsinbow moon or sun, but alas.. No such luck just yet. I forgot who said this, but isis so true this game is more about getting more patience iso getting more dragons ;-)

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
You have found one big happy family here, and it's great to have you as a part of the family.
I love the warmth of your messages Diane, makes me feel so glad to be part of this family here:)

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BDD93 said:
Is it a bad idea that I keep getting brass dragons as a fail n I'm hatching n making level 10 to go towards my fire shrine

Yeah, I am trying to level up my shrines too. It is not easy without clogging up the hibernation cave! It is all about stategic choices which dragon can stay and which to sell.. I seem to breed a lot of fire- metal dragons, but I do not have a metal shrine just yet.. I assume I will get the opportunity to buy one at a higher lvl. Cold, earth and water are harder to get 50 of! I do have a silver fire shrine, so proud of that! I fed my fire dragon to lvl 11 and he has a red ball just above its head. He's growing up, so cute!

Edit: just got a silver plant shrine too! Yay!! :-D

Last edited:

BDD93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:

Doing ur trick of trying to get a new chrome and a new scorch and trying for another ruby got another scorch doing then doing chrome gonna hatch em both same time then make em lv 10 then breed em

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
I figured out now how to breed a basic dragon so you don't have to buy it in the market if you need 2nd one. ;) So here's the tip:

By breeding Opposite Dragon with one of its element, for example:

Dodo+Air/Earth = Air/Earth
Sandstorm+Air/Earth = Air/Earth

Frostfire+Cold/Fire = Cold/Fire
Bluefire+Cold/Fire = Cold/Fire

Plasma+Lightning/Water = Lightning/Water
Current+Lightning/Water = Lightning/Water

Malachite+Plant/Metal = Plant/Metal

This is great to know when u don't have enough DC thks;)

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
I think there is something magical in hatching new dragons and then paring them to breed. I hatched my new chrome and scorch, I leveled them both up to level 10 and I put them in my epic breeding cave. I now have my 3rd ruby. Well, not yet, but I have one in the making.

Just for the record, that is now the third time I have tried that, and as a result - that is ruby #3. I am so excited. I hatched my first ruby, the second one is displayed on my egg pedestal, so this one is going to fly free in the gem tree....yay!

Yea!! I did that too after u posted the first time n I too got my second ruby that way now I hatched so am hoping that my new chrome n scorch give me my ruby to display crossing my fingers!! ;)

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ms sparkle said:
Yeah, I am trying to level up my shrines too. It is not easy without clogging up the hibernation cave! It is all about stategic choices which dragon can stay and which to sell.. I seem to breed a lot of fire- metal dragons, but I do not have a metal shrine just yet.. I assume I will get the opportunity to buy one at a higher lvl. Cold, earth and water are harder to get 50 of! I do have a silver fire shrine, so proud of that! I fed my fire dragon to lvl 11 and he has a red ball just above its head. He's growing up, so cute!

Edit: just got a silver plant shrine too! Yay!! :-D

What was recommend to me was to level up the hybrids for which shrines I do have like fire/plant fire/lighting ....
I was stuck too some time ago with my cave full 100 all habitats full n no room for the my sun or gold but Di suggested for me to sell one of my plants n sell the babies in my cave only keep two of a kind bc later on I can get more of that same kind. N not to level up dragons for which I don't have shrines for n to start a panlong army bc those go for 4 diff shrines with just one time feeding instead of 4 times extra on food ;) hope this helps ;) it has to me in deciding which dragons to sell off w/o feeling guilty

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's official that FOR ME with brand new chrome n scorch leveling them up to 10 at the same time then I buy some things move some stuff around n after a 1 fireworks n 1firefly I got my 3rd RUBY
Yea!!!! Thank you Di ever since u the first time you've said this I have done it n got my 2nd n 3rd ruby that way my first was pretty lucky cause I got her the first day on my first try ;) so excited I am naming my second ruby after you!!! My 3is going on display

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Natykm said:
What was recommend to me was to level up the hybrids for which shrines I do have like fire/plant fire/lighting ....
I was stuck too some time ago with my cave full 100 all habitats full n no room for the my sun or gold but Di suggested for me to sell one of my plants n sell the babies in my cave only keep two of a kind bc later on I can get more of that same kind. N not to level up dragons for which I don't have shrines for n to start a panlong army bc those go for 4 diff shrines with just one time feeding instead of 4 times extra on food ;) hope this helps ;) it has to me in deciding which dragons to sell off w/o feeling guilty

That certainly helps, thanks! I must confess that I have been levelling up metal dragons without having a metal shrine. So perhaps that is not one of my smartest moves ;-)

Ah well... I think I should breed at least 10 earth-willow combos, that gives me earth, air or water hybrids.. And I could even breed a dodo that way! And I will alternate my breeding by trying to get a gold, or a new dragon once on the market.

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Natykm said:
It's official that FOR ME with brand new chrome n scorch leveling them up to 10 at the same time then I buy some things move some stuff around n after a 1 fireworks n 1firefly I got my 3rd RUBY
Yea!!!! Thank you Di ever since u the first time you've said this I have done it n got my 2nd n 3rd ruby that way my first was pretty lucky cause I got her the first day on my first try ;) so excited I am naming my second ruby after you!!! My 3is going on display

Congratulations!! Happy for you :)

Most reactions

Latest posts