What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hum, what does Kauai 45 mean? Cant be the year you got married ...
Other lack in my knowledge of american culture: what is that Stupid island?
You mention that you are one-eyed, what happened?
Sorry for all these questions.
And, as i dont think that people change fondamentally over the year, it is quite clear that your wife saw your charm, wit, intelligence and kindness and that all these assets would make the perfect husband for her.

You are too kind. OK, my life's an open book anyway...

0 Honeymooned in Kauai in 1967.
0 Stupid Island is not American, it's universal. Most young males go there for a period of time.
0 Legally blind in one eye, but it works. I was in a rock fight when I was 10 and got one right in the eye. As you can, I emigrated to Stupid Island at a young age - precocious I guess.

Back to dragons!

Poppy

williamsbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
My new picture....

My wife and I are doing the tourist bit with umbrella drinks at Mama's Fish House in Maui, home of the best fish - and Mai Tai's - that I have ever had. Vicki and I honeymooned in Kauai 45 (shut up, we were very young) years ago after she rescued me from Stupid Island (all Audette males go there for an indeterminate amount of time when they're young - I was Mayor) and we have been going to Hawaii ever since. I have no idea what she saw in a one-eyed, half French, half Irish, Gemini, Stupid Island Mayor, but it's working out.

Aloha,
Poppy

You look so happy. I loved living in Hawaii. My oldest son was born there.

Aloha,
Brandy

karma_musings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured since the St. Pats dragon takes 7 hours to breed, 7 hours to incubate, yields 777 xp points and sells for $7,777, that it was worth trying a level 7 Flower with a level 7 Moss. I was half joking around when I tried it and I'm two for two at Jack's park. Of course he does have the pixie dust. Good luck!

Poppy

Lucky 7/7! just did it for me too. Flower left/moss right (after a failed try with them in the opposite positions).

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a leap year dragon and am curious, I got 2 other rainbows and a rainbow in my nursery. I'm curious as to what would you get from breeding 2 rainbows or like a rainbow and leap year? I was also wondering whats the best way to breed a moon and a clover dragon. I have been trying for moon and only got sun using the sonic and storm combination. I also been trying for clover using moss and plant and have wasted over 50 gems speeding up the process but no luck (side note:how long does thr clover dragon is available for?) If anyone can answer my 3 questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again and feel free to add me, I trade gems daily and my island is pretty cool if I say so.
gcid: Jayredc

Hi...

The LYD is no longer available (finally!). If you breed a LYD and a Rainbow you will get a Rainbow every time. If you have two LYD's and breed them you will get a LYD even though it is no longer available.

Clover: level 7 Flower with level 7 Moss (the level is speculative). Do not use Plant/Earthnor you most likely get 14/14 trees.

Moon: See the outstanding Rare Breeding Guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

Good luck!

Poppy

goldisherri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone at black flip is obviously a doctor who fan (as am I). The pond and the recent clover cottage are obvious references. Are there other references to tv shows or comic characters that others know of?

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
Hi...

The LYD is no longer available (finally!). If you breed a LYD and a Rainbow you will get a Rainbow every time. If you have two LYD's and breed them you will get a LYD even though it is no longer available.

Is this correct? Haven't people been able to breed a Reindeer from only one Reindeer?

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
This is pure speculation, but it appears to me that Backflip does a lot of adjusting of the valves. New dragons seem relatively easy to get when they are first launched but things seem to tighten up as things move along and then they loosen up again at end - like an inverted bell curve. Anyone else have the same sense?

Poppy

P.S. Of course if Backflip is monitoring this thread - and they are - they will constantly shift tactics, so we will never catch up with them. Do you ever have the feeling we're living in a world run by an all powerful god! :)

Yep that's why we are not spending gems lol I learned my lesson with LYD and plus it's not such a rush to get this one as it's going to be around a lot longer x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

bugkeebs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Want to breed sandstorm and rainbow? Any combo work better and do dragons have to be level ten.

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is pure speculation, but it appears to me that Backflip does a lot of adjusting of the valves. New dragons seem relatively easy to get when they are first launched but things seem to tighten up as things move along and then they loosen up again at end - like an inverted bell curve. Anyone else have the same sense?

Poppy

P.S. Of course if Backflip is monitoring this thread - and they are - they will constantly shift tactics, so we will never catch up with them. Do you ever have the feeling we're living in a world run by an all powerful god! :)

I do, working on this second clover is a pain. I took a break and give my BC a break. Cruising mode turned on.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Okay, I just had something very interesting. I moved my air habitat to my Panlong Island to check out the math with boosts. And when I went to move it back, I couldn't. I shrub or rock or something had sprouted up where it was and I couldn't replace it. Isla Verde is very overgrown with natural growth, of course, but has anyone else seen something like this?

EDIT: And gorram it I just cleared a big tree in front of the Air Habitat without meaning to. I guess it won't actually disappear until I click on the XP button, but sheesh!

Most reactions

Latest posts